• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,266 posts in this topic

[font:Arial Black]Hi,

Just picked up a group of pulps as well. There were about 85 shadows from 1931-36. The conditions ranged from GD to VF-. The were from an original owner collection. I finally got a Shadow #1 in vg- condition. Still looking for a high grade one, but this will fill the final hole in the run. Most of the ones pictured will be kept in my collection (doubles), but there will be about 40 available to collectors.

It was kind of neat to get a phone call from someone out of the blue with this many. [/font]

DSC_1266-1-1.jpg

DSC_1266.jpg

[font:Arial Black]Dwight[/font]

Edited by detective35DF

Nice group shot of the Shadows!

On an unrelated note, I just finished reading the initial installment of 'the sinister and mysterious Doctor Satan' by Paul Erst in the Aug 1935 issue of Weird Tales.

:sick:

At least the cover displays well on the custom shelf my Dad made me (thumbs u

Picked up a couple of classic Paul covers recently ... the classic "TV heads" cover is an upgrade. One of his best!

sciwonderstoct1929med.jpg

I have always liked Paul's big-headed (super intelligence) characters ... been wanting a nice copy of this for years!

wonderstapr1931med.jpg

Picked up a couple of classic Paul covers recently ... the classic "TV heads" cover is an upgrade. One of his best!

sciwonderstoct1929med.jpg

Really like that issue :applause:

Undercopy? hm

My undercopy is a REAL dog with browning pages, but let me know if you want it.

I just picked up some more WT out of the blue today... :gossip:

We'll need to know more specifics than that... :taptaptap:

Got a teaser for you, sir...

WEIRD TALES, June 1938

I am in complete awe of how loaded this book is:

Margaret Brundage cover, Robert E. Howard verse, stories by Seabury Quinn, Eando Binder, Robert Bloch, Henry Kuttner, H. P. Lovecraft, Clark Ashton Smith, Nathaniel Hawthorne (!), and a Lovecraft tribute by Frank Belknap Long Jr., plus more.

WTJune38.jpg

I just picked up some more WT out of the blue today... :gossip:

We'll need to know more specifics than that... :taptaptap:

Got a teaser for you, sir...

WEIRD TALES, June 1938

Margaret Brundage cover, Robert E. Howard verse, stories by Seabury Quinn, Eando Binder, Robert Bloch, Henry Kuttner, H. P. Lovecraft, Clark Ashton Smith, Nathaniel Hawthorne (!), and a Lovecraft tribute by Frank Belknap Long Jr., plus more.

WTJune38.jpg

:applause: Congrats, Steve. What a great Brundage bondage cover!

:applause: Congrats, Steve. What a great Brundage bondage cover!

Thnx Todd - I just missed out on a batch of Weird Tales recently (:baiting:), so I had to settle on another grouping (from another seller) today. :)

WTJune38.jpg

:applause:

You're right, the contributors are a bunch of all-stars.

Weird Tales from that era frequently are pretty amazing.

Very nice pick up.