• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slabs Available

43 posts in this topic

Avengers #12 CGC 9.2 Circle 8 copy $350

(Did that 9.2 C-link copy really sell for $888?)

th_avgrs12crcl8.jpg

Is this the double cover one?

Nope, his House Of Secrets is :gossip:

GPA notes the Circle 8 9.2 as a double cover, but as someone so wisely mentioned, the label doesn't seem to say so. I was wondering if it was cut off by the scan as I don't know where 'double cover' is listed on the old labels. If it IS a double cover, then:

:takeit:

If not, then, I probably won't.

Is that legal for me to do that under the forum rules?

I'm trying to tell you that the first book he posted which is a House Of Secrets is the double cover one, not the Avengers 12 :gossip:

From GPA:

Avengers, The (1963) No. 12

(9.2) Circle 8 pedigree/Double Cover -258.75 - - 258.75 - Jul 2003

I'm not concerned about House of Secrets and I understood what you were saying. I'm simply asking if the Avengers he is offering is the double cover GPA notes. I don't have a list of the Circle 8 pedigree to know if there were two Avengers #12 9.2 in the lot. If you can point me to a list, I can check for myself. Capice?

Bostonions are so tuff they make you cry. :sumo:

Preach the truth my fellow Bostonion (worship)

Sorry to hear that. We have showers in Canada.

:foryou:

Shower are for puzzies, real men take tubbies :cloud9:

Shower are for puzzies, real men take tubbies :cloud9:

lol

Avengers #12 CGC 9.2 Circle 8 copy $350

(Did that 9.2 C-link copy really sell for $888?)

th_avgrs12crcl8.jpg

Not to derail the convo but it isn't a double cover. Either a second copy sold or GPA is in error. Regardless:

:takeit:

Back to your onions.

I'm trying to tell you that the first book he posted which is a House Of Secrets is the double cover one, not the Avengers 12 :gossip:

From GPA:

Avengers, The (1963) No. 12

(9.2) Circle 8 pedigree/Double Cover -258.75 - - 258.75 - Jul 2003

I'm not concerned about House of Secrets and I understood what you were saying. I'm simply asking if the Avengers he is offering is the double cover GPA notes. I don't have a list of the Circle 8 pedigree to know if there were two Avengers #12 9.2 in the lot. If you can point me to a list, I can check for myself. Capice?

People, people! The Circle 8 pedigree had MANY copies of the same book. This was true to an even greater extent with the books from the 1950s in this collection where there was 50 copies of the same issue at times. With regard to SA Marvels, there was often 10+ copies of one issue (including #1s). So if you see two or more Circle 8 issues sold on GPA, don't be suprised because there are many of them.