• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOSTON COMIC CON Returns March 16th! Featuring Special Guest Carmine Infantino!

80 posts in this topic

Press Release

HOLLYWOOD, SUPERHEROES, AND A COMIC BOOK LEGEND LAND IN BOSTON

Boston, MA (February 8, 2008) - Hollywood can't seem to get enough of comic books these days with 2008 seeing the release of Batman: The Dark Knight, Iron Man, The Hulk, Speed Racer, Punisher, and Hellboy II. It also seems that Bostonians can't get enough either. On March 16th, the Boston Comic Con, New England's largest comic book and fantasy convention, hits the streets of Boston with its special guest, comic book legend Carmine Infantino. Mr. Infantino is the now retired publisher of DC Comics (home to such notables as Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman), and is credited for launching the Silver Age of comics with his creation of the new Flash in the 1950s. He also revived the Batman franchise, saving it from cancellation. As one of the few living comic book pioneers, an exclusive group that includes famous Marvel founder Stan Lee (co-creator of Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four), Mr. Infantino will be greeting an estimated 2,000 comic book fans and signing autographs at the Boston Comic Con.

The Boston Comic Con is in its second year of producing comic book shows and is committed to bringing the best comic book show to New England. In addition to comic book superstar creators from around the country, Boston Comic Con showcases the most talented local creators in Artists Alley. Other guests include: Paul Ryan (Fantastic Four, The Phantom), Scott Wegener (Punisher: War Journal, co-creator of Atomic Robo), Rob Stull (Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man), Norman Lee (Mary Jane, Marvel Adventures) and many more.

The Boston Comic Con hosts over 8,000 square feet of vendors selling comic books, toys, posters, and other comic book related memorabilia. The event will be held Sunday March 16, 2008 at The Back Bay Events Center, 180 Berkeley St., Boston, from 10am to 5pm. Admission is $8. Children 10 and under are free. Go to www.bostoncomiccon.com for more information.

Susan Cicconi At Boston Comic Con 2008: Sunday, March 16th

Susan Cicconi of The RestorationLab.com, renowned for over 25 years as the premier expert in the Conservation of Ephemera for her talents, ethics and standards, will be attending the Boston Comic Con 2008 on Sunday, March 16th.

In her announcement on the NOD Members Only Forum, Susan said, "I have decided that 2008 is a good year for me to get back on the scene to talk about what I do best which is paper conservation and only that. I still get a thrill taking a Silver/Golden Age book in fair condition and upgrading it structurally and esthetically to a VF or better appearance knowing that the book's life should exceed many, many more years for the owner and offspring to enjoy. The work is still tedious and painstaking and I always put in more time than expected. It's just my nature to make it look as nice as possible.

Like a lot of you I am upset about the things that are happening in this industry. All of the cracking of holders and tweaking of books to gain an extra grade or two (without disclosure in many cases) or removing previous restoration to obtain a non-restored label (without disclosure in many cases) for shear monetary value is wrong. This is why I do not "just press" books or remove restorations for labeling purposes. I know what the ulterior motives are and I choose not be involved in these decisions. I realize I leave a lot of money on the table but it's really not what my purpose is for or ever was. I am grateful that there are still people out there that own key and rare books in dire need of help and that they still choose me. My testimonials speak for themselves.

I am hoping that this year is as good to me as last year, professionally. I feel that many people are still so uninformed about the benefits that professional restoration can bring to their collections. I still see so many awful restoration jobs and people being deceived into buying such books on the internet and at shows! They need to be educated on what to look for and then they need to see firsthand what a quality job looks like."

Welcome Back Miss Cicconi!!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing if Rich makes it to the dinner!! And if any other patrons there know nik!! And hoping the waiter doesn't leave us alone for an hour!!

JUST ADDED TO OUR GUEST LIST - MARCH 16 TH SHOW

--------------------- FANTASY ARTIST KEN KELLY --------------------

I have met Ken several times at the new york comic shows and he always

impressed me as a great artist and even greater person - I think the

huge fan base that we have established for the Boston Comic Con will

be very happy to meet this talented artist - stop by and check out the

stunning artwork that he will have on display ..........................

www.bostoncomiccon.com , www.kenkellyart.com

Press Release

FAMOUS FANTASY ARTIST COMES TO BOSTON

Boston, MA (February 16, 2008) - The Boston Comic Con is proud to announce that famous fantasy artist Ken Kelly joins the growing guestlist for the show on March 16. Mr. Kelly began his career as a professional artist during his tour of duty with the US Marine Corps, illustrating "The Gitmo Gazette" while stationed at Guantanamo Bay. Upon finishing his service, Mr. Kelly studied under the legendary painter Frank Frazetta, who encouraged him to begin a career as a commercial artist. After creating covers for publications such as Warren's Vampirella Magazine and the Conan novels of Robert E. Howard, Mr. Kelly earned international acclaim with his iconic album covers for the rock band KISS. Today his work hangs in museums and galleries around the world, so this is a rare opportunity for Mr. Kelly's New England fans to shake his hand and get an autograph from a modern master.

The Boston Comic Con hosts over 13,000 square feet of vendors selling comic books, toys, posters, and other comic book related memorabilia. The event will be held Sunday March 16, 2008 at the Back Bay Events Center, 180 Berkeley St., Boston, from 10am to 5pm. Admission is $8. Children 10 and under are free. Go to www.bostoncomiccon.com for more information.

###