• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

got a box of comics in ...

35 posts in this topic

Well I got a box of comics in the mail today how ever the person I got em from marked em t a total value of "1543.95" for some reason & I got hit with a $82.50 customs fee... How do I go about getting my $ back from this?.. I can just go to the PO & will out some forms right?.. Cause I sure as heck did not pay $1543.95 for these books!! :D

:tonofbricks:

I have read of stuff like this happening to others but never have experienced it before my self ... Just wondering what I should be expecting to happen here :S

I'm assuming Canada

I wanted to be certain.

If it is Canada then greggy is the man to ask.

He's the all-knowing Canada tax expert.

(worship)

yes it is :D

I would have refused the delivery.

If it was just some random ebay I most likely would have as well but its from a fellow form member so I know its just some kind of screw up most likely on customs part from the sound of it & then we both would have been out $$$ & books & fees if I had done that :S

I'm assuming Canada

I wanted to be certain.

If it is Canada then greggy is the man to ask.

He's the all-knowing Canada tax expert.

(worship)

Customs fees are different from taxes, however . . . :grin:

Well I got a box of comics in the mail today how ever the person I got em from marked em t a total value of "1543.95" for some reason & I got hit with a $82.50 customs fee... How do I go about getting my $ back from this?.. I can just go to the PO & will out some forms right?.. Cause I sure as heck did not pay $1543.95 for these books!! :D

I have read of stuff like this happening to others but never have experienced it before my self ... Just wondering what I should be expecting to happen here :S

Was that Hulk #181 in said box? hm

Was that Hulk #181 in said box? hm

if it was I wouldn't be complaining :D

holy we just figured out what happened or he did via PM!!!

Its

50 books in the box

marked value at $30

customs value at $1500

THEY DID $30 Per book the individual_without_enough_empathys!!

_________

DUH

:S

The shipper should have marked in the total value. There are two value lines on the Customs form, I suppose for that reason.

He must have left the second line blank and your friendly Customs Agent did the math!

:roflmao:

:sorry:

The shipper should have marked in the total value. There are two value lines on the Customs form, I suppose for that reason.

He must have left the second line blank and your friendly Customs Agent did the math!

:roflmao:

:sorry:

Or, if you used the Paypal Shipping to purchase the postage, you have to be careful of the same thing, it automatically multiples if there is an entry in "Qty" and "Value", it does not assume total value.

holy we just figured out what happened or he did via PM!!!

Its

50 books in the box

marked value at $30

customs value at $1500

THEY DID $30 Per book the individual_without_enough_empathys!!

_________

DUH

:S

lol

Anyone know the tax rate that they charge in France on customs tariffs. I have some people that "did not receive" my ebay sellings and I intend to re-send them some things for the nice paypal chargeback they did to me. With some nice values on the customs forms.

As for how I know they DID receive them....they resold it on ebay under their id.

Duh

Ouch haha! Be sure to mark the book as "no send back" or at least put a fake return addy on it :S

haha oh man they resold them ! Double Ouch!! You should get someone to buy off them and then do the same thing back!

I have had this happen to me a couple times.

Ask your post office to make sure, but i had to fill out the back of the packing slip that is attached to the package, and mail it in to the address given, along with a receipt, ( one time i just printed out the ebay page showing the final bid ) , and both times they sent me a cheque for the full amount i paid for customs :)

Good luck !