• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP GRADING A HULK #180 ASAP!

11 posts in this topic

My first impression (without holding the comic in my hands) is 7.0 or at the absolute best a 7.5. That's a hell of a crease on the back cover and a bit to many spine creases on the front for anything better.

Jim

I'd pass on that one Rick, from the front it looks like a 8.0/8.5... BUT, when you factor in that terrible back cover it plummets. I don't think Darth is off by much, if at all.

I have 2-3 ungradeds thatlook FAR better than that one. There's also an CGC 8.5 posted now that will probably sell for $75-90ish... I'd take a stab at that one before investing in that book which is a sure loser if submitted.

I would estimate a 6.0 or 6.5, though a 5.5 wouldn't be out of the question depending on how the book actually looks while holding it. I think a 7.5 would be very unlikely given the nastiness of the rear cover and a 7.0 would be charitable but not out of the realm of possibility.

I used to own an X-Men #94 that graded a 5.5 and it had similar defects to this book (though it was graded during CGC's strictest grading period in late 2000).

Gene