• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allentown chapter from pedigree book...

24 posts in this topic

Just saw that comicpedigrees.com posted their Allentown chapter yesterday. Book is slated for release this summer...

Yes, I certainly hopes it does come out this summer as it was actually targeted to come out last summer.

I noticed the narrative on the Allentown chapter is virtually unchanged from the draft version I saw over a year ago. They have changed some of the graphics, bt all of the information including the side bars are basically identical.

I just love all of the colour and the beautiful cover reproductions. Looks like a first class job and I just can't wait until the book comes out. Only minor concern that I have is that the CGC related stats will become dated after a period of time.

This book looks to be a major accomplishment to me. I my mind there have been two other major contributions by other. The Comicbook Price Guide and the Comicbook Photo Guide. I think the price guide has lost some of its importance over the years, the the photoguide is still pretty important so I am guessing this book will be the second item I would recommend a new collect buy.

Finally sat down and read the chapter. Very nicely done. I like all the graphs / analyses as everyone could have guessed.

One question, West: how was the decision made to use the word "Founders" instead of "Finders"? I think I'll grit (sp?) my teeth through the entire book if founders is used.