• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Forumites who own a Wii

44 posts in this topic

We've really enjoyed our Wii since we got it a few months ago. The initial novelty (read: my obsession, nearly matched by my 8-yr-old son's) has worn off a little, but it still gets regular use. As a family, we still use it mostly with the original sports games (bowling, boxing, tennis, etc.). Jack has become a real boxing powerhouse, and it's great to see him bobbing/weaving and just plain breaking a sweat instead of just slouched on the sofa mashing the GameCube buttons.

My favorite game has been Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It's in the tradition of the X-men Legends games, where you control your team of 4 heroes and can switch among them on the fly. With almost 30 playable heroes (after unlocking some) the game is quite fun even when you re-play. They have all the A-listers (Cap, spidey, Wolverine, Iron Man, Thor, etc.). But, they also included Moon Knight, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Elekta, etc. Loads of fun.

I went to the local computer swap meet on the weekend with a friend to get our Wii's chipped.

His was an old version Wii which allowed the basic 8 wire mod to be done. It cost him $70 to get it chipped.

Mine is a brand new version requiring a 32 wire chip to be installed. Its going to set me back $170.

I held off on getting mine done because I am sure that I can get it for $150

Time will tell...

how will this chip affect performance?

I went to the local computer swap meet on the weekend with a friend to get our Wii's chipped.

His was an old version Wii which allowed the basic 8 wire mod to be done. It cost him $70 to get it chipped.

Mine is a brand new version requiring a 32 wire chip to be installed. Its going to set me back $170.

Time will tell...

* Play BACKUPS or COPIES of Wii Games

* Run EU and JAP games on a USA console

* Play all region DVD movies on your Wii

* Launch copied / backup GameCube game DVD's

* Play free roms and emulators

* Use unlicensed homebrew applications and games

Time will tell...

* Play BACKUPS or COPIES of Wii Games

* Run EU and JAP games on a USA console

* Play all region DVD movies on your Wii

* Launch copied / backup GameCube game DVD's

* Play free roms and emulators

* Use unlicensed homebrew applications and games

thanks

My current favorite Wii games:

The Legent of Zelda: Twilight Princess - This game is long as hell!!!

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - Awesome shooter, the Wii Zapper is a must though!

Excite Truck - Great racing game, lots of fun!

Tiger Woods Golf - Very realistic golf sim

Wii Play - Fun mini-game group, and comes with an extra Wiimote (thumbs u

Resident Evil 4 - Played through the game for the Gamecube (one of the best games EVER), but this version is even more fun

Time will tell...

I.e., download illegal copies of games and play them at home. Fun for the family.

Time will tell...

What does "chipping" the Wii do? Is a wood chipper involved? :o

edit: question answered....

[Resident Evil 4 - Played through the game for the Gamecube (one of the best games EVER), but this version is even more fun

I did the same exact thing. This might be my favorite game of all time. And the price (29.99) is an absolute bargain compared to a lot of the 49.99 drek.

Is The Umbrella Chronicles similar in style to House of Dead? The screen moves and you just shoot? Worth picking up?

[Resident Evil 4 - Played through the game for the Gamecube (one of the best games EVER), but this version is even more fun

I did the same exact thing. This might be my favorite game of all time. And the price (29.99) is an absolute bargain compared to a lot of the 49.99 drek.

Is The Umbrella Chronicles similar in style to House of Dead? The screen moves and you just shoot? Worth picking up?

Yep, Umbrella Chronicles is just like House of the Dead (with much better graphics, of course). The screen moves and you shoot to choose your path, kill things, get better guns, etc. I like it a lot so far, so I would definitely say it's worth picking up. If you like the Resident Evil games, this is supposed to tie a lot of storylines together, so that's a bonus as well.

Shooting zombies, with arcade-like action, in your own home: PRICELESS!

My 2c

mjfigggggggggttgu9g998t8tti9juh9hyt99t9tut0tt0tt0t0090t0tt080t0t80t0t0t8t9t00t0t8th898h898988h98hh89ht9tygfjhghfighhgugfuhchjbfhhbhfhbgbvhfjvhcvvhhnv hhbbhbhbbhbbbhbhbhbhbhbhbhbbhbhbhbhbhbnvnnnnhjjhhvmnhkvhhjvhhjhjvjjjh

mjfigggggggggttgu9g998t8tti9juh9hyt99t9tut0tt0tt0t0090t0tt080t0t80t0t0t8t9t00t0t8th898h898988h98hh89ht9tygfjhghfighhgugfuhchjbfhhbhfhbgbvhfjvhcvvhhnv hhbbhbhbbhbbbhbhbhbhbhbhbhbbhbhbhbhbhbnvnnnnhjjhhvmnhkvhhjvhhjhjvjjjh

?????

Youth pacifier.gif

Ultimate Alliance was fun. It was a good time to spend with my wife and the kids. Something we could play together. Heck, even my 13 year old daughter who thinks comics are major-geeky played it with us. lol Mario Party 8 is another great family game.

?????

Youth pacifier.gif

You are correct, thats what I get for leaving my 4-year old nephew with my computer doh!