• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PARADISE TORONTO COMICON JULY 12-13 2008

221 posts in this topic

Is this the start of the Women in Comics line-up because I have my :wishluck: for Nicola Scott :cloud9:?

According to the Facebook event page, Nicola Scott does not seem to be attending this year.

If that is true then that's too bad. I would have shortened my work trip to be back in time for Saturday if she was going to be there. Hmmm , that didn't sound stalkerish at all. doh!

Is this the start of the Women in Comics line-up because I have my :wishluck: for Nicola Scott :cloud9:?

According to the Facebook event page, Nicola Scott does not seem to be attending this year.

If that is true then that's too bad. I would have shortened my work trip to be back in time for Saturday if she was going to be there. Hmmm , that didn't sound stalkerish at all. doh!

Don't feel like a stalker ! Nicola cannot make the show this year due to her commitment to San Diego. Please keep watching to see who is next on the list I promise there are a ton of surprises.

Paradise Conventions

is pleased to announce our next

DANIELLE CORSETTO

Danielle Corsetto is the brains/boobs behind "Girls With Slingshots" (www.girlswithslingshots.com), a slice-of-life comedy webcomic about two girls, a bar, and a talking cactus. Danielle now does GWS five times a week and strives to keep the comic subscription- and micropayment-free, paying for the domain & workload with donations and merchandise sales. She's been a self-employed freelance cartoonist and illustrator since March 2005, and doesn't plan on wearing a nametag/khakis/uniform ever again. She also wrote & drew "The New Adventures of Bat Boy" for the Weekly World News after Peter Bagge, until the mag went tits-up. Besides drawing comics (which she's been doing since she was eight), Danielle likes to travel, camp out, hike, drink tea, sip girly drinks at the local bar, sew and photograph. She has two cats, a fish and a Girl Scout troop.

www.girlswithslingshots.com

Paradise Conventions

Is happy to announce our next

AGNES GARBOWSKA

Agnes Garbowska began her career as an illustrator mainly working on pin-ups and graphic design. Some of her early work appeared as posters for the comic StormBringers by Korby Marks and other small press projects. After working as an independent illustrator, Agnes soon moved into sequential artwork with her first published work appearing in the independent comic the Black Anthology.Agnes recently finished work on a story for the newest issue of Ed and Red’s Comic Strip planned for release later this year. Agnes is currently working on a few different comic projects that will be published in 2008. Her current projects include a title she is working on with Franco Aureliani for Blindwolf Studios and a four issue run for the Black title No More. For the latest information about Agnes including updates on release dates please visit her website at

www.evilrabbit.org

Looking for a hotel for the weekend of the

Paradise Toronto Comicon on July 12-13 2008?

The 2008 Convention hotel is the Holiday Inn on King. 370 King Street West.

Strategically located at the core of Canada's largest business centre and dynamic entertainment district, the Holiday Inn On King confidently plays host to the world. Just steps away are spectacular attractions, fusion dining, fabulous shopping and world class theatres that make Toronto a truly world-class city. Our guests enjoy the comfort of our spacious deluxe guest rooms and suites complete with in-room amenities. Our staff is committed to hospitality excellence to guarantee each and every guest's complete satisfaction.

Holiday Inn On King | Downtown Toronto Hotel

370 King St. West | Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J9 | Canada

Phone: 416.599.4000 | Fax: 416.599.7394

TTY: 416.595.2521 | E Mail: info@hiok.com

ForSpecial Rate reservation, be advised that the Group Code/Res. ID is R30XN, the Guestroom Rate is $155.00 single or double plus taxes and the Cut Off Date for this rate is June 10, 2008.

Guests can call the hotel directly at 416-599-4000 and ask for the Reservations Department.

Paradise Conventions

ALANA MCCARTHY

Alana McCarthy is an award winning illustrator working out of downtown Toronto. She graduated with honours from the illustration program at Ontario College of Art and Design. Her work is punctuated with bright colors, strong contrast, stylized realism and unique lighting. She works in acrylic and delivers digitally. Her clients have included The Wall Street Journal, Loblaws, Milk, Cadbury, Coca Cola, Scholastic, Penguin Books, and Absolut Vodka. Her art has been recognized by such design annuals as Communication Arts, American Illustration and How Magazine.

www.alanaland.com

Paradise Conventions

DAVE ROSS

Dave Ross is a Canadian comics artist who has mainly published in the USA. He was an artist of the series 'Rai' at Valiant, and worked on such Marvel titles as 'Avengers West Coast', 'Marvel Knights: Daredevil' and 'Inhumans'. At DC, he has worked on 'JLA' and 'Birds of Prey'.

Dave Ross is also a teacher at Toronto's Max the Mutt Animation School.

Dave is presently penciling Star Wars: Dark Times for Dark Horse Comics.

Dave Ross lives in Downtown Toronto with his wonderful wife Judi.

Paradise Conventions is happy to announce our next

TY TEMPLETON

In his own words Ty was born into a family of show business Gypsies in the wilds of downtown Canada back in the Sixties, and it's never worn off. He mis-spent his youth reading comics and now makes them for a living, writing or drawing pretty well every major character at Marvel and DC at some point. Recently, he's put his grubby fingers all over HOWARD THE DUCK, the SIMPSONS, Vertigo's THE EXTERMINATORS, AVENGERS ADVENTURES, the SUPER-FRIENDS, Harvey Pekar's AMERICAN SPLENDOR, SPIDER-MAN and the HUMAN TORCH, and the PLANET OF THE APES, but if you ask him nicely, he still remembers how to draw Wolverine."

http://www.templetons.com/ty/

Paradise Conventions

is happy to announce our next

SCOTT CHANTLER

Scott Chantler is an acclaimed graphic novelist known for works such as Scandalous,Days Like This, and Northwest Passage as well as a popular commercial illustrator, whose past and present clients include McDonald’s, Reebok, Macy’s, Rogers, Kroger, and Wiley & Sons, as well as such publications as The New York Daily News, The National Post, The Toronto Star, Maclean’s, Atlanta Magazine, and Cottage Life. He is currently working on a relaunch of the acclaimed Image Comics series Hawaiian , and a graphic novel adaptation of his grandfather's 1943 war diary.

http://www.scottchantler.com/

Paradise Conventions

VALENTINE DE LANDRO

In his own words Valentine De Landro is a Toronto-based illustrator who has been working in the comic book industry since 2000. He has worked for several publishers including Dark Horse Comics, Devil's Due Publishing and Marvel Comics. His publishing history includes the G.I. Joe: Declassified mini-series written by Larry Hama and a year-long run on Marvel Knights: 4.

His work can be found in upcoming issues of X-Factor for Marvel Comics.

http://www.valentinedelandro.com

Paradise Conventions

ANDY BELANGER

In his own words Andy was one of the world’s most prolific hydro meter-readers of our time. Defying all logic, crawling through the city’s vermin-infested bowels, he surmounted all to record the thousands of kilowatt hours. He has since retired his uniform and handheld device to draw comics. But that’s another story…Andy is a comic artist living in Toronto and works out of the R.A.I.D. studio with a bunch of other comic rascals. In April he has two books coming out. A Friday the 13th one shot from Wild Storm written by Joshua FIALKOV and a Werewolf comic titled simply "Wolf" from Moonstone comics, written by Grant Sauve. This year he wrote and illustrated promotional comics for "Tracey Fragments" staring Ellen Page and Directed by Bruce McDonald aswell as a horror film called "Jack Brooks Monster Slayer" from Brooks Street Pictures. Andy has also Illustrated numerous kids comics for Rubicon Press including " Trouble in Tombstone" coming out through Scholastic. In June of 2007 Andy and 10 other creators started the on-line web comic collective Transmission-x where once a week each creator publishes one strip. Andy Does the Horror Romance " Raising Hell" which is about a jaded couple on the verge of break up thrust into a Halloween Massacre.

You can check out Andy's stuff at

http://www.deadend56.com and http://www.transmission-x.com

Paradise Conventions

PAT OLLIFFE

According to Pat 2008 is my 21st year in this crazy business. Over the years I've worked for such companies as, Malibu, Eternity, and TSR, spending the last 17 years working primarily for Marvel and DC. Some of the titles I've provided the artwork for are Thor, Nomad, Warlock and The Infinity watch, She Hulk, Untold tales of Spider-Man, Marvel Team-up, Spider-Girl, Namor, The Punisher and Spider-Man 2 movie adaptations, The Last Hero and Last Planet Standing mini series, Firestorm, JSA, 52, The Four Horsemen mini series, and am now currently the regular artist on The Atom. I currently live in Pittsburgh with my wonderful wife Mary and beautiful daughter Ruby.

Paradise Conventions

KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY

Kalman has worked for has worked for DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Image Comics, and Devils Due Productions. He's produced art and covers for such titles as Action Comics, The Outsiders, Satana, Vampirella, Gi Joe, Put the Book Back on the Shelf, and Vengeance of the Mummy.

He's produced a particularly massive volume of art for Wizards of the Coast's various Roleplaying game lines including Dungeons & Dragons, Star Wars, and D2O Modern.

In 2003 he designed and illustrated the comic book series iCandy for DC. Most recently he's completed runs of cover art for DC's ION, and Checkmate series, and is hard at work on a brand new, top secret Marvel project.

Find out more about Kalman at http://www.horhaus.com/v4/kalman-andrasofszky/