• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #1 Question

35 posts in this topic

not the first person to think of it.....

Get it signed if you want. The census says there are tons of FF #1's out there.

You're only making the unsigned copies more valuable and getting what you want for yourself.

It's an app. 7.0 with a lot of work done on it. I love the book as it is but I wouldn't have been so quick to get it signed on the cover if it had been unrestored. Probably would have gotten it done on the bottom of page 1.

It's an app. 7.0 with a lot of work done on it. I love the book as it is but I wouldn't have been so quick to get it signed on the cover if it had been unrestored. Probably would have gotten it done on the bottom of page 1.

I think CGC SS is an excellent way to "refurbish" a PLOD. Definately takes some of the tarnish off a straight PLOD.

Trust me, I would be more than happy to add a book like that to the collection. :cloud9:

Modern signatures should only be put on newer comics.NEVER, NEVER ON a vintage comicbook.Platnum Golden Silver and Bronz SHOULD NOT BE TOUCHED BY A MODERN OR NEW SIGNATURE no matter how famous.if the damage you do to its value is not a consideration than do it by all means.

Dont do it! You will regret it when you cash it in

Petr

How does signing damage a book?.. I have had several signed and not really noticed anything... Also... just have him sign the case nothing wrong with it ...

heres a good example

PDR_2801.jpg

Not like I am ever going to sell it and its not like I'm ever going to recase it either :D & YOU know the SIG is real! You don't need cgc to tell you that in this case! Plus if you ever go to sell it a signed copy even if its just the case should only make it go up in value ... if anything the chumps can get it reccased for the $11 or what not so I can't see it affect the price either & you don't have to risk damaging you're copy

Or like others have said you can always get a master works Or omnibus hard cover ... Personally I would go with the V1 omnibus as it contains about FF #1-39 or some such like that ...

I have a master works signed by stan of spiderman which contains the fa + ams #1-whatever...

stanE.jpg

stan1.jpg

Since its signed to me its just as valuable as having a original in my collection which I can only HOPE I will be lucky enough to own one day... :(:) now if I could just hunt down ditko and get him to sign it ... :roflmao: