• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer 1 and 2 CGC 9.6

23 posts in this topic

Thanks Rick... I'm glad you're covered after all's said and done. No one wants you to let this slow you down one bit. Your track record is awesome and many have been saved the awful experience of being ripped off, thanks to you.

I talked to Fred (really a hyphenated name Fred-Floyd) again last night and got him up to speed on all the eBay/Paypal issues he wasn't aware of.

We also went over Escrow services in more detail and he's going to try and find out a few answers to questions that were raised. The main one is... does the escrow service allow a buyer to reject the merchandise for no real reason or can it be conditional in regards to damage only? The website seemed to indicate the buyer could back out unconditionally. That would be not be a great situation for a seller of CGC material which is almost always "non-returnable". We'll see how that goes.

Consignment was discussed again too and I gave Fred the contact info of a prominent dealer on the boards who he intends to call by this weekend. The consignment option is an idea to earn credibility and take steps to establish his reputation. If he chooses to consign, the dealer will confirm that he was sent books from Fred.

Fred is also going to create a new eBay ID and start to sell less expensive items to build up feedback. I expect that his auction descriptions and buyer options will be improved when he starts offering items again.

I'll know more by the weekend.

Fred is also going to create a new eBay ID and start to sell less expensive items to build up feedback. I expect that his auction descriptions and buyer options will be improved when he starts offering items again.

Will you guys hook us up with a link to his new ID/auctions when he gets up and running? I'm sure there will be lots of folks interested in his stuff! Thanks!