• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

?? ACTION 1 CGC 9.2 TURNED DOWN FOR $$2 MILLION ??!!!

24 posts in this topic

how on earth does a book go from 18 to over 40K in months....

anyhoos - anyone take a look at the links from the seller's recent transactions?

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=filter81

the guy has a mother-load of Hulk 181s... he sold them in LOTS, several of them for goodness sake!

The book is common, but not so common in high grade. While he proclaims these copies to be in "excellent" condition, he has had two copies slabbed and they were a 9.0 and a 6.5! Feel sorry for whoever paid $600-800 a pop for his raw copies... frown.gif

Thing is, from Dave's perspective, I can see refusing it. He really doesn't need the money (although that's a lot of money!) and what's he going to replace that book with? Nothing. Even with the rest of his collection (including his probably perfect 'Tec 27) without that Action 1, he might as well pack up the rest of the books and ship them down to Texas and Sarasota. If there was EVER a centerpiece book that Church Action 1 is it. Without it, he'd still have the most insane collection out there, but it just wouldn't be the same...

Exactly......and even if he did need money, I doubt he would sell the Action 1. He's got an insane selection of books, and just picking out a number of other less significant books could get him the money he needed.

Not to compare, because I own less than kindling compared to him, but if I needed cash, I would look towads moving some of my more replaceable books first. It's just common sense.

The ony way I would think that the Action 1 would leave his hands, was if he sold the entire collection. And that's doubtful, seeing as how he has a teenage son who will probably take the mantle.