• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Historical analysis of comic sales figures at Newsarama.com

15 posts in this topic

:screwy:

Wasn't 1998 one of the darkest periods for comic book sales?

Sure... so we better be snapping up all of those low-print books to make a killing when we retire! :banana:

Did I mention that it would be Mrs. Fan that would do the killing if I did that? hm

:screwy:

Wasn't 1998 one of the darkest periods for comic book sales?

Not sure, but I do know that the year before they were cancelled for lack of interest, 1967, Doom Patrol had a paid circulation of 157,900.

Amazing ... all the DC titles that were outselling Marvel :o

Archie I can see , but Tarzan and Man from Uncle?? wow

seriously, you'd think high grade batmans, etc. from 1967 would be common as dirt with those circulation figures

They probably are, but DC collectors are a strange breed, and tend to keep them til death. Just ask greggy.

Would never expect rawhide kid to be more popular than richie rich.

I would not take those as the absolute gospel, as there are likely many comics missing,

EDIT: In 1969, those 53 reports were the only ones confirmed. Richie Rich could have been the #1 seller that year for all we know,

that's a good point. thanks. I'd have to go look at the cbg guide and see if they reported richie rich print runs, although, harvey was listed, so I would expect that publication numbers were issued for richie rich (as little dot and lotta seemed to make it to the list).

harvey was listed, so I would expect that publication numbers were issued for richie rich (as little dot and lotta seemed to make it to the list).

But if they were, and were confirmed, Richie Rich would have made the list.

Remember, it's NOT a Top XXX list, it's a complete list of ALL the confirmed print runs. That's why some have 110 books while others have 53.