• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Before Mega Con pay my shop a visit (Gainesville Fl)

23 posts in this topic

re the Batman 50 You probably got that from Broadway Rick's Strikezone. He bought a collection of about a 1000 1943-1948 or so comics close by. I know this because I did grade the entire lot for him. Nice runs of Batman, Detective, World's Finest, Capt Marvel Jr, Whiz plus a ton of war, westerns, funny animal. Old guy the books belonged to had a ton of Big Little Books too. Amazing thing was those comics had soft white paper and were kept here in hot humid Florida for 50+ years! Did the bag and board have a grade written in marker on the back? That was a sweet collection, wish I was the one who found it!

re the Batman 50 You probably got that from Broadway Rick's Strikezone. He bought a collection of about a 1000 1943-1948 or so comics close by. I know this because I did grade the entire lot for him. Nice runs of Batman, Detective, World's Finest, Capt Marvel Jr, Whiz plus a ton of war, westerns, funny animal. Old guy the books belonged to had a ton of Big Little Books too. Amazing thing was those comics had soft white paper and were kept here in hot humid Florida for 50+ years! Did the bag and board have a grade written in marker on the back? That was a sweet collection, wish I was the one who found it!

You're right, that's exactly who it was - Strikezone. I don't remember about the bag and board though, because I put it in one of my mylars as soon as I got it. I do remember being pleased with the grading and description and was surprised that a baseball card guy graded so accurately - now I know why. lol

I remember just about everything that happened in G'vill 85-90 (my college years)...the good, the bad (and those that were there then, know the bad) and the ugly!

They got so bad for me in the summer of '88, that the University of Florida summarily dismissed me. :frown:

You should have gone to FSU. They kept kicking me out and letting me back in at least a half a dozen times, until somehow I ended up with an MA. :banana:

Instead of being persistent and going for re-entry, I became complacent (aided by cannabis, shall we say). I did eventually get the elusive bachelor's degree and even, many moons later, the M.A. as well...My best buddy went to FSU; I always got a kick out of him telling me about how he'd pick up bar tabs on a credit card and was paying it off years after he graduated. :frown: