• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Way to Smuggle Slabs Into the House...

147 posts in this topic

Okay,

So I have my own separate mailing address...so I can retrieve my packages unanounced, but now that I have them and past the wife...how do I get them into the house... hm

The "oh, I have been waiting for the package for several weeks" is no longer working and hidding slabs under jacket is not fooling the wife anymore, especially after I have dropped 20 lbs... :applause:

With more things on the way in the near future, I need some help from fellow boardies...have even taken packages around back to basement door and retrieved them later...of course, doesn't work well when there is bad weather....also tried "have to get something out of the car" trick late at night... (shrug)

Wife kind of understands, but not really.... :devil:

Any suggestions???

My system is to tell her the seller was desperate and really needed the money and sold it to me for a song. In 5 years ill be able to sell it for a small fortune.

Under this senario, I dont even have to hide the books or sneak them in and I have 5 more years to come up with a new excuse as shes probably counting the days.

Any suggestions???

I have a few, but none fit for the forums.

lol

On a serious note though,

If you are looking for ways to sneek them past the wife all I can suggest is stop (thumbs u

Okay,

So I have my own separate mailing address...so I can retrieve my packages unanounced, but now that I have them and past the wife...how do I get them into the house... hm

The "oh, I have been waiting for the package for several weeks" is no longer working and hidding slabs under jacket is not fooling the wife anymore, especially after I have dropped 20 lbs... :applause:

With more things on the way in the near future, I need some help from fellow boardies...have even taken packages around back to basement door and retrieved them later...of course, doesn't work well when there is bad weather....also tried "have to get something out of the car" trick late at night... (shrug)

Wife kind of understands, but not really.... :devil:

Any suggestions???

divorce and or you store them at your other "girlfriends" place. :devil:

i put the expensive ones right away in my banksafe. "was sie nicht weiss macht sie nicht heiss"

It's easy. Sell a couple of books that are easy to replace off and give her some of the funds to buy something for herself (suggest something like shoes). She will be happy that you are placing her above your comic habit and it will buy you at least a few months (if not a year) of get out of jail free cards for new purchases.

I have no Advice, My wife works for me and is the first to receive our companies mail at the office.

My wife leaves for home prior to me and gets the mail at our house.

I have found under these conditions honesty is the best policy.

It's easy. Sell a couple of books that are easy to replace off and give her some of the funds to buy something for herself (suggest something like shoes). She will be happy that you are placing her above your comic habit and it will buy you at least a few months (if not a year) of get out of jail free cards for new purchases.

Nice...

I have no Advice, My wife works for me and is the first to receive our companies mail at the office.

And she buys what she wants no arguments from me.

Yes we are togetrher roughly 21 out of 24 hours a day. And we get along great.

She is boss at home, And I am boss at work.

she trained you well (shrug)

Yes...Yes she has :luhv:

Yes...Yes she has :luhv:

god....what has she done to you :o

Sounds like there are other problems going on here. Why does she have a problem with you buying comics? Are you overspending and can't stop? Sounds like you're on your way to massive problems since you're trying to cover up the issue vs. sitting down with your wife and working out a solution...

Jim

Sounds like there are other problems going on here. Why does she have a problem with you buying comics? Are you overspending and can't stop? Sounds like you're on your way to massive problems since you're trying to cover up the issue vs. sitting down with your wife and working out a solution...

Jim

To modify a phrase of an old friend of mine, "Honey, I was buying comics before I met you, and I will be buying comics long after your gone...., "