• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY QUESTION.... MINIMUM SALES PRICE

12 posts in this topic

Gotta question to the members, I need to start to sell off a large portion :cry: of my comic collection soon ( becoming semi-retired early ) :wishluck:due to the economy. What is the lowest price you would sell some of your books that are worth between $3-$10. (shrug) I'm not sure where the break even point is for the charges and the paypal fees? (shrug)

I've seen lots of large lots for single books start at $1 and many of the books sell out somtimes for more than the intial opening price hm

Thanks for you feedback,

WEBHEAD

I think decent shipping costs is the key to selling lots of cheap comics. I will bid on quite a few comics with $3 shipping since if I only win 1, I don't mind the shipping. But if the shipping is $5 or $6 I would only buy higher priced comics in case I only won one.

That's what i try and do. Right now I send everything in nice strong and secure Priority Boxes for normally a flat rate around the country at $4.60.

Actually, it's the Priority flat-rate envelopes that are $4.60. These will take 5 or 6 comics btwn 2 sheets of cardboard, and they will be quite well protected. Any of the boxes large enough for more comics than that are $8.95.

I always offer Priority Mail as an option when selling a lot, and you should always offer free (or very cheap) shipping on additional items. Ebay lets you set this in your selling preferences. I like to offer "additional wins at only 25¢ shipping" as it really helps to encourage people to bid on your other stuff. I would much rather ship 5 packages to 5 buyers than have to package up 20 or 25 individual comics.

I still have plenty of non flat rate boxes that I got from the USPO. That is what I was referring to . Priority starts at a minimum of $4.60 for less then 1 pound from the East Coast to the West Coast. I do post in my auction it starts at $4.60 but might be more due to the zip code and weight. I noticed that they are stocking only the flat rates now at the post office which are a rip off for the pound or less.

Thanks for the feedback

WEBHEAD

I still have plenty of non flat rate boxes that I got from the USPO. That is what I was referring to . Priority starts at a minimum of $4.60 for less then 1 pound from the East Coast to the West Coast. I do post in my auction it starts at $4.60 but might be more due to the zip code and weight. I noticed that they are stocking only the flat rates now at the post office which are a rip off for the pound or less.

Thanks for the feedback

WEBHEAD

You will get killed if you charge a flat $4.60 for priority shipping nationwide of low dollar items. On coast to coast shipments, the first pound is $4.60, up to 2 pounds is like $7.50, and more than two pounds exceeds the flat-rate box cost of $8.95.

Unless you don't combine shipping charges...Then you will do quite well...No one will ever buy from you again but you will get the suckers the first time... :insane:

:signfunny:

I always combine shipping :makepoint:, and in a lot of recent cases I've paid more in postage then I've collected. lol I've had a lot of repeat buyers and in a lot of cases customers who make multiple purchases during a single auction.

WEBHEAD