• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,967 posts in this topic

Bro, don't post negative stuff if you just feel like arguing. You are right about everyone having their own ties to the incident and to each his own respectively. You just tried to hate on something that is an important item of mine, and for good reason. Sure everyone can feel affected by the attack, but it was not in your backyard. What the heck do you mean "lay claim to 9/11" why because you think it makes us famous....heck no! it impacted us the most. You are nuts if you really want to just argue about something you are totally wrong about. Your location says blood stains, speed kills. Where you really from?

yeah well to each his own, and there is no need to be hating on my stuff in such a negative way when you have no idea.

I vote we all stop telling Nick how his grading is and what CGC grades his books at.

We don't want him making any adjustments......he's doing just fine!! (thumbs u

True enough, but since he has been good to me I do not mind enabling him to reap the benefits of being a tight grader with higher sales prices on the boards. (thumbs u

I'm not particularly interested in derailing this thread any further. It's your book, do with it as you will

Bro, don't post negative stuff if you just feel like arguing. You are right about everyone having their own ties to the incident and to each his own respectively. You just tried to hate on something that is an important item of mine, and for good reason. Sure everyone can feel affected by the attack, but it was not in your backyard. What the heck do you mean "lay claim to 9/11" why because you think it makes us famous....heck no! it impacted us the most. You are nuts if you really want to just argue about something you are totally wrong about. Your location says blood stains, speed kills. Where you really from?

yeah well to each his own, and there is no need to be hating on my stuff in such a negative way when you have no idea.

You're slipping quickly into tool territory.

I didn't try to hate on something. I was agreeing with people who said it kind of defeats the purpose of the all black cover. You're a simpleton if you can't understand how an entire country can take ownership of national events like 9/11, Pearl Harbor, Hurricane Katrina.

As for my location, it's a song lyric. Google is your friend.

Roy's right...I need to look into registering myself as a charity.

I think when you take into consideration your upper-level pricing, time saved, no slabbing fees, no shipping back and forth to CGC, I think you come out just fine.

My WHAT???

See that 'Tec #294, the 9.6 one?

Sold as a 9.0 for $35 when Guide was $42.

The #396 and #397? Both sold for under Guide.

WTF you talking 'bout, Willis? :screwy:

Let's look at this from a $$ perspective:

1) Cost to ship to CGC from UK = ~$60/30 books = $2/book

2) Grading cost for 30 under value fast track (which these qualified for and assuming you had others to submit) = $26.10 / book (with 10% discount)

3) Return shipping cost = ~$100/30 books = $3.33/book or lets say $4 rounded up (guessing on the high side due to increased weight and size of box)

4) Amount of time to pack books, fill in forms, receive box = 3 hours with beers x $30/hr wage = $90/30books = $3/book

Total additional cost per book = $35.10

Assuming Nick's cost is what I paid, here is what his total cost per book would be:

Detective Comics 394 VF/NM $35.00 + $35.10 = $70.10

Detective Comics 395 VF+ $85.00 + $35.10 = $120.10

Detective Comics 396 VF+ $28.00 + $35.10 = $63.10

Detective Comics 397 VF+ $50.00 + $35.10 = $85.10

Total in: $338.40

Here are the latest GPA recorded sales for these books in the grades I received:

Detective Comics #394 9.6 - $375 in April 2008

Detective Comics #395 9.0 - $251 in Jan 2008

Detective Comics #396 8.5 - $36.88 in Feb 2004 ( :o Nick you would have gotten hosed on this one lol )

Detective Comics #397 9.2 - last 9.0 sold for $107.50 in Oct 2005 (last 9.2 sold for $51 in Sep 2002)

Total estimated sales value: $770.38

Cheers for that, Ryan. :foryou:

Somehow it's made me feel both better and worse at the same time. lol

You're slipping quickly into tool territory.

I didn't try to hate on something. I was agreeing with people who said it kind of defeats the purpose of the all black cover. You're a simpleton if you can't understand how an entire country can take ownership of national events like 9/11, Pearl Harbor, Hurricane Katrina.

As for my location, it's a song lyric. Google is your friend.

Very well said.. Being from the Tri-State, I also felt that 9-11 hit home hard. And I still feel for the families destroyed by that tragedy. Transplant you nailed it, when these things happen the NATION grieves. It is your comic and do with it what you like but my opinion is that cover (all black) signifies something , and I would rather see them blank. And judging by the argument presented by its owner, wouldnt the zombie be a bit distasteful ?

But, hey cool sketches and such. Enjoy the books !

:cry:

I missed out on the 395 and a few others by a few seconds at the last VCC :censored::frustrated:

Don't feel bad Nik that ASM I sold you was bought as a 8.5 from FT. :grin:

:cloud9:

That book is smoking sweet (worship), worth every dollar extra you made (thumbs u

I missed out on the 395 and a few others by a few seconds at the last VCC :censored::frustrated:

That book is smoking sweet (worship), worth every dollar extra you made (thumbs u

Agreed it is an awesome looking copy. And speaking of flipping that Pac Coast cgc 9.4 Hulk#112 I got off of you would go for crazy money on C-link. hm:baiting:

Transplant, the fact that you have to lower yourself to suggesting that I am a tool and a simpleton only reflects on yourself and your negative attitude. I am done going back and forth with you because it is just too negative a vibe. All that I was trying to do was just defend my book and my opinion.

Thanks to those other couple board members who offered apologies. I am glad I at least made you think twice about your criticisms. (or at least feel bad about them)

ressurection......the zombie book is a little distasteful. But I am still in the business of commissioning awesome unique artwork. I got that by giving suydam the book and saying I wanted a spidey head sketch :) I can see your point. I put that up because Transplant was annoying me.

Thanks to those other couple board members who offered apologies. I am glad I at least made you think twice about your criticisms. (or at least feel bad about them)

Dude, you should have just left the bold portion out. A desire to keep a thread from veering wildly off course and thinking twice about a criticism are two different things.

Personally, I think sketching on the book is in bad taste. I also think that it's your book, you paid for it, and you're not hurting anyone by having something drawn on it that makes you or your customers happy. It's the same thing I felt at the first sight of it

Agreed it is an awesome looking copy. And speaking of flipping that Pac Coast cgc 9.4 Hulk#112 I got off of you would go for crazy money on C-link. hm:baiting:

You are probably right