• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

And just got these back today too from a Modern submission:

Daredevil #237 CGC 9.8 Double Cover

Daredevil237CGC98DoubleCover.jpg

And whenever Gemma adds this set, I'll have the top census set and all 4 top census issues:

TwistedTalesofBruceJones1CGC98.jpg

TwistedTalesofBruceJones2CGC98.jpg

TwistedTalesofBruceJones3CGC98.jpg

TwistedTalesofBruceJones4CGC96.jpg

Just got these 3 back today using my Collectors Society coupon:

AmazingSpider-Man2CGC40.jpg

Avengers1CGC30.jpg

SgtFury1CGC45.jpg

I pretty much agree with the grades on the ASM #2 and the Avengers #1 but I really thought that Sgt. Fury #1 would grade higher. Oh well, still very happy with them. :)

very nice

I just got my first batch of comics back from my first non-onsite submission and I am very happy overall. My second batch should be here sometime next week!!!

newcomics.jpg

left to right, top to bottom:

Wonder Woman #23 9.8

New Avengers #27 1:50 Yu Variant 9.8 (got this out of a $2 box at a local store)

ASM #570 Monkey Variant 9.8

Buffy TVS Season 8 #4 Variant 9.8

'' '' '' '' #2 Variant 9.8

Wonder Woman #25 9.8

Superman / Batman #10 Turner Variant 9.8

Thunderbolts #115 Bianchi Variant 9.8

X-Men Sworld of the Braddocks #1 9.8

Ms Marvel #20 Zombie Variant 9.8

ASM #570 Hero Variant 9.8

Savage She-Hulk Zombie Variant 9.8

Young X-Men #1 Variant 9.8 shares theme with below Buffy comic...

Buffy Season 8 #5 Variant

Wolverine #27 Quesada Variant (same $2 box as the NA #27)

Annihilation Conquest: Quasar #1 8.5 lol! I must have missed a huge negative...

X-Force #10 Variant 9.6

X-Infernus #1 Campbell Variant 9.6

X-Men Phoenix Endsong #1 (Green Costume Variant) 9.6

Cable #7 Zombie Variant 9.6

Had this one in my collection for a very long time, just never graded it until recently. I really thought it would get a 9.8 the notes read 'Rough edges' I was scratching my head for an hour on that one, because there are no rough edges. Now I need to worry about the new bald spot on my head!

Edited by colugo

Just got the grades back on my WW Chicago Signature Series submissions and I'm pretty happy with the grades. Here's a few of the best ones:

Amazing Spider-Man #571 CGC 9.8 SS (variant cover) signed by Dan Slott

Amazing Spider-Man #572 CGC 9.8 SS (variant cover) signed by Dan Slott

Danger Girl #2 CGC 9.2 SS signed by J. Scott Campbell

Amazing Spider-Man #500 CGC 9.8 SS signed by J. Scott Campbell

Lady Death: The Odyssey #1 CGC 9.8 SS signed by Brian Pulido

Shadowhawk II #1 CGC 9.8 SS signed by Jim Valentino

Shadowhawk #4 CGC 9.4 SS signed by Jim Valentino

Someone mentioned in the SS thread that I was going to get hooked on the Signature Series comics. Well, they are absolutely correct! :grin:

I'm one of those who slabs some of the books that I am keeping in my own collection.

I'm happy with my first two magazines submissions. Both were eBay purchases that worked out. Neither very valuable, but both are among my magazine favorites in my collection.

Vampirella joins a couple others at top of census.

z-Vampirella-36-cgc.jpg

z-Mad-69-cgc.jpg

Very cool covers! :applause:

Didn't realize how many poker related covers there are. Must be fun to track them down for your collection. btw with a name like PokerKid I assume you play alot ... you any good? :baiting::wishluck:

I had no idea how many there were either. I thought maybe a hundred or so would end up in the collection. Like most of my thoughts - I wuz wrong.

I don't play much any more - killing a little time in heads up or 1-table tourneys for low stakes is about it. Playing to win takes a lot of time and I spend that time gladly with my wife. When I was playing, I was decent. Paid for college (it had to, I was quitting an $80k a year job to be an unpaid student-teacher on my way to getting a teaching credential for a $40k a year job - told you I wasn't very bright). I did get to play for a long time and against some great players - Johnny Chan, Phil Helmuth and f******g Phil Ivey (that's another story). But the most fun might have been with Brad Garret and Penn Jillette. Two big, loud type A personalities and running their mouths non-stop.

I won trips to the main even a couple times and played in half a dozen. Never won anything (f*******g Phil Ivey), but it was a good run. I know several players on here enjoy the game, and my guess is that I would be pretty far down the list of quality players on this site.