• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

I have learned what it feels like to win the lottery. Thought this was a strong 9.6 but lo and behold!

xmen94.jpg

:cloud9: probably 1 of only 2-3 in White Pages. Nice!!!!!!!

Wha! :o Thats about a 20K book now (worship)

Sorry for the crappy pics, lazy and in a hurry. Awesome pile of Golden Age books back from CGC today! Here is the stuff that is coming home with me:

9.6 Adventures of Rex the Wonder Dog #3 !!!!

4.5 Star Spangled Comics #51

6.0 Sensation Comics #32

cgc50s002.jpg

8.0 Jumbo Comics #133

8.5 Jungle Lil' #1

9.0 Thrills of Tomorrow #17

cgc50s011.jpg

9.0 TV Teens #6

8.5 Don Winslow #59

8.5 Date with Danger #5

cgc50s005.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, lazy and in a hurry. Awesome pile of Golden Age books back from CGC today! Here is the stuff that is coming home with me:

9.6 Adventures of Rex the Wonder Dog #3 !!!!

4.5 Star Spangled Comics #51

6.0 Sensation Comics #32

cgc50s002.jpg

8.0 Jumbo Comics #133

8.5 Jungle Lil' #1

9.0 Thrills of Tomorrow #17

cgc50s011.jpg

9.0 TV Teens #6

8.5 Don Winslow #59

8.5 Date with Danger #5

cgc50s005.jpg

Great, great books !! :applause:

I won't have these books back for another week or two, but I just got the grades online for a couple of early April submissions. I obviously still have some work to do on my grading skills as the majority of these books came in lower than expected. I was spot on on a few but the majority were .5 to 1.0 lower in grade than I had predicted. :P

The highlights of these submissions:

1) Magic Comics #19 CGC 4.0 (only the 2nd copy ever graded...1st was the Mile High copy) (nailed this one)

2) Marvel Spotlight #5 (1st Ghost Rider) CGC 6.5 and CGC 6.0. I'll be selling the 6.0 copy.

3) Conan the Barbarian #3 CGC 6.0 Double Cover

4) Strange Tales #135 CGC 8.0 (1st Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD)

5) Strange Tales #138 CGC 9.2 (guessed 9.4 on this one)

6) Incredible Hulk #4 CGC 3.5

7) Wonder Woman #205 CGC 7.5 Double Cover

But this is the one that made the whole submission very worth while..... :banana:

8) Amazing Spider-Man Annual #7 CGC 9.8! :o (ties with one other copy for top census out of 102 copies submitted) (I had guessed 9.4 on this one)

Just got my restored copy of Daredevil #1 back from CGC after restoration by Matt Nelson at Classics Incorporated. Matt had estimated an 8.0 MP grade but it only came back a 7.0 MP. :P Here are before and after pics of the front and back covers:

Front cover before....

Daredevil1GD-VG.jpg

And after

Daredevil1CGC70R.jpg

Back cover before....

Daredevil1GD-VGBack.jpg

And after

Daredevil1CGC70RBack.jpg

The restoration included color touch, pieces added, tear seals and cleaning. I'm still pretty happy with the book although I wish had gotten the 8.0 that Matt predicted.

The restoration included color touch, pieces added, tear seals and cleaning. I'm still pretty happy with the book although I wish had gotten the 8.0 that Matt predicted.

CGC seems to be harsh (perhaps needlessly) on restored books... most people I know would give that book an 8.0 given the pics you posted.. Very nice book!