• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Nice books. I liked your post, then I got to your sig and threw up a little in my mouth... :sick:

I feel the same way when I see your board name :baiting:

Did you just buy the t-shirt or do you actually have a diploma? (shrug)

:baiting:

Nice books. I liked your post, then I got to your sig and threw up a little in my mouth... :sick:

I feel the same way when I see your board name :baiting:

Did you just buy the t-shirt or do you actually have a diploma? (shrug)

:baiting:

lol Got my diploma in '06 :headbang: But I have plenty of burnt orange shirts as well. Oh, also this.....

texas.jpg

Here is an interesting (ok, you be the judge), counterpart to the "my books were not graded as highly as I thought they'd be" post from earlier.

I collect books that have an issue date of my birth month and year, July 1971. I also collect those for my wife and two kids. Well, the only book of note from kids lists that I have picked up so far is Fables #1. Since I am never going to read it and want to make sure it is in as good of condition as possible when I hand it down, I got it slabbed.

The book was purchased a little over a month ago for a very reasonable $55. I was able to talk him down to that price because of a couple key flaws. Here is a pic of the spine ding:

fables1_spine_tick.jpg

Here is a pic of the bottom right corner on the back, a more noticeable ding:

fables1_brcorner.jpg

I thought the grade would be at best a 9.2 and at worst, a 9.0. The rest of the book is flawless, but both of these dings break color.

The book got a 9.6. Go figure.

fables1_cgc96.jpg

Here is an interesting (ok, you be the judge), counterpart to the "my books were not graded as highly as I thought they'd be" post from earlier.

I collect books that have an issue date of my birth month and year, July 1971. I also collect those for my wife and two kids. Well, the only book of note from kids lists that I have picked up so far is Fables #1. Since I am never going to read it and want to make sure it is in as good of condition as possible when I hand it down, I got it slabbed.

The book was purchased a little over a month ago for a very reasonable $55. I was able to talk him down to that price because of a couple key flaws. Here is a pic of the spine ding:

fables1_spine_tick.jpg

Here is a pic of the bottom right corner on the back, a more noticeable ding:

fables1_brcorner.jpg

I thought the grade would be at best a 9.2 and at worst, a 9.0. The rest of the book is flawless, but both of these dings break color.

The book got a 9.6. Go figure.

I don't own a Fables 1 but perhaps it is a common defect related to printing?

Purchased from flatrock02 here on the boards, pressed by joeypost and back from CGC today.

CaptainAmericaComics21CGC45.jpg

Purchased from comicwiz on the boards and back from CGC today also:

IncredibleHulk6CGC50.jpg

Purchased from eBay and back today (color touch was NOT disclosed). :cry:

X-Men1CGC18R.jpg