• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,955 posts in this topic

Well,I want to spread my money on some books that are not Marvel

:o:o:o

Don't worry I'll still buy Marvel books lol

I just want to buy some indy books that I want in my already awesome collection :whee:

Just watch your brother sneaking into your collection at night once he realizes you have him beat.

:o

Don't worry my brother knows I've already beaten him :devil:lol

So a while back I dropped off my first books to cgc at ECCC

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

How is that for my first two books :) I was quite pleased, both me & my LCS thought my TWD would be 9.5- or up & web 9-9.5 range & maybe off white pages... Now that one really surprised me :D

How is that for my first two books :) I was quite pleased, both me & my LCS thought my TWD would be 9.5- or up & web 9-9.5 range & maybe off white pages... Now that one really surprised me :D

I would have been more surprised if they came back 9.5's lol

CGC does not use 9.5 as a grade designation :gossip:

lol

I thought the same thing, but didn't want to come across as being rude.

There was a 9.5, but it was only used for Wizard direct-submit books, wasn't it?

lol

There was a 9.5, but it was only used for Wizard direct-submit books, wasn't it?

Not aware of any 9.5's for Wizard, maybe it was only used for the 1/2 issues :insane:

Which is more rude? to correct someone? or let them continue to use the wrong information. (shrug)

VERY nice synch! Congrats! :applause:

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

OutSTANDING!

You have an unlabeled Canadian price version!

Don't let anyone take it from you for the regular US price...that baby is RARE!

VERY nice!

lol

Not aware of any 9.5's for Wizard, maybe it was only used for the 1/2 issues :insane:

The hideous "Wizard First" program graded brand new books at the 9.0, 9.5, or 10 level before it was axed because of its hideousness.

78_1_b.JPG

(Sorry for the bad pic.)

LEST WE FORGET.

Which is more rude? to correct someone? or let them continue to use the wrong information. (shrug)

A man after my own heart... :cloud9:

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

Me likey :applause:

lol

The hideous "Wizard First" program graded brand new books at the 9.0, 9.5, or 10 level before it was axed because of its hideousness.

78_1_b.JPG

(Sorry for the bad pic.)

LEST WE FORGET.

A man after my own heart... :cloud9:

I would like to forget that CGC 9.5 grade :sick:

OutSTANDING!

VERY nice!

Is there really that much of a difference?! Also how do you tell?.. I live in Canada So I honestly did not think anything of it .... I wonder why cgc would not have labeled it if they normally do ?... Should I be asking for a free reslabing or something ?. :roflmao:

Oh as per 9.5 I honestly did not know that ... I thought I have seen them before on ebay but I guess not ... Good to know thanks guys! I guess what I "meant " to say is 9.6 then haha

lol

I don't mind useful information, its not like he said "HEY JERKY !" when he did it :P

Edited by synch

OutSTANDING!

VERY nice!

Is there really that much of a difference?! Also how do you tell?.. I live in Canada So I honestly did not think anything of it .... I wonder why cgc would not have labeled it if they normally do ?... Should I be asking for a free reslabing or something ?. :roflmao:

There's a MASSIVE difference. The Canadian price versions ONLY appeared on newsstands in Canada, had a tiny print run compared to direct and US newsstand versions, and are almost non-existant in 9.8.

So yeah, you did very good. Instead of the $70 or so dollars it's worth, it could conceivably be worth $300-$500 to the right collector.

(thumbs u

As far as CGC not labeling it, they just missed it. Will they relabel it for free? Sure. But you have to pay to get it to and from them.

Would you happen to have a picture of what the label looks like ?.. Yeah just trying to decide if its worth the shipping costs for the book... Still its neat to know I have some that is considered to be rare :)