• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,975 posts in this topic

Just got these back from CGC. The majority came back lower than I hoped (wanting 9.6+ across the board). Guess I just need to improve my grading skills.

2012-01-26_15-24-16_509.jpg

:applause:Big Congrats on the Neverland Hook #2 Cover. I'm hoping my signature series of this book comes back this high but my grading eye isn't fined tuned yet.

Just got these back from CGC. The majority came back lower than I hoped (wanting 9.6+ across the board). Guess I just need to improve my grading skills.

2012-01-26_15-23-37_827.jpg

Don't feel bad. It's a learning process for all of us. Even the absolute best graders and the graders at CGC had to start somewhere.

I know a hell of a lot more about grading than I did 5 years ago and that's mostly due to prior CGC submissions and my participation on these boards. There are a lot of slabbed books posted on here. Take a close look at each one and zoom in when you can. Look at the given grade and see if you can find any visible flaws.

That being said, I still get books back from CGC that look absolutely pristine, come back with 9.0 and 9.2 grades and I'm sitting there thinking "WTF?".

2012-01-26_15-23-37_827.jpg

Don't feel bad. It's a learning process for all of us. Even the absolute best graders and the graders at CGC had to start somewhere.

I know a hell of a lot more about grading than I did 5 years ago and that's mostly due to prior CGC submissions and my participation on these boards. There are a lot of slabbed books posted on here. Take a close look at each one and zoom in when you can. Look at the given grade and see if you can find any visible flaws.

That being said, I still get books back from CGC that look absolutely pristine, come back with 9.0 and 9.2 grades and I'm sitting there thinking "WTF?".

Zero creases front and back along the spine, no blunted corners, no reader impressions and they should be 9.6+ (thumbs u