• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,955 posts in this topic

I am looking to have a book signed and graded, the book is pretty beat up and I would like to know how the process works, Does it cost more for a restoration? Depending on the book is it worth it? Help would be nice :)

Edited by Mkkiller

I am looking to have a book signed and graded, the book is pretty beat up and I would like to know how the process works, Does it cost more for a restoration? Depending on the book is it worth it? Help would be nice :)
Your best bet is to swing by the PGM section and get an idea on grade, any signature series questions, go to the signature forum :shrug:

Your best bet is to swing by the PGM section and get an idea on grade, any signature series questions, go to the signature forum :shrug:

Thank you Hado.

I’ve submitted a few moderns before but this was my first Silver/Bronze submission that I just got back from CGC yesterday. Nothing really high grade but some pretty cool books. These Iphone pics are not very good as I took them at an angle to reduce light reflection.

I was really happy with this Captain America #119 … purchased raw from Bedrock at the Wizard Con in NOLA for a great price! I’m working on issues #100 to #200 and this is a sweet “white page” addition.

Cap119_zps263c6da7.jpg

Nice copy of Iron Fist #1 purchased from cdfever for $55

IronFist1_zpsf1495e60.jpg

Invaders #5 purchased from a fellow boardie here !

Invaders5_zpsb88d1595.jpg

Captain America #110 purchased from a fellow boardie … possibly could have been a 9.0/9.2

Cap110_zps4de3c386.jpg

Low grade Avengers #5 purchased from a fellow boardie for a good price !

Avengers5_zpsf8859bf9.jpg

Low grade Batman purchased from Mark (kramerica) for $35 … thanks Mark ! (thumbs u

Batman142_zps6b805bd2.jpg

Strange Adventures #119 purchased for $10 from Ray O’gara (gmci2112) who was the boardie here that was tragically murdered in November of last year.

This was the only book I ever purchased from Ray but through the process of this one transaction I had great conversation with him about his (and my) adoration for the band “RUSH” … hence the “2112” in his CGC username. What a great person and I’m honored to have this book he sold me. Rest in peace Ray … I know from our chats that you were a genuinely awesome human being.

StrangeAdventures119_zpsa4ab6432.jpg

These came back last week from 2013 Amazing Arizona ComiCon - thanks to Chandler/Sharon at Desert Wind Comics. With the exception of the first book, the other 17 came in at their expected grade. I was also surprised with the Modern turnaround time closer to 70 business days:

Grimm Fairy Tales #22 Heavy Metal (3x Basaldua, Gregory, Ruffino) CGC 9.0

GFT22HCGC90SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales #22 Heavy Metal (3x Basaldua, Gregory, Ruffino) CGC 9.8

GFT22HCGC98SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales #25 WW LA (3x Basaldua, Gregory, Ruffino) CGC 9.8

GFT25WCGC98SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales #61 SDCC (DeBalfo) CGC 9.8

GFT61CCGC98SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales #70 Emerald City (2x DeBalfo, Gregory) CGC 9.8

GFT70CCGC98SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales: Beyond Wonderland #3 WW Texas (2x Gregory, Ruffino) CGC 9.6 Highest and only SS on the Census

GFTBW3CCGC96SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales: Beyond Wonderland #5 NYCC (2x Gregory, Ruffino) CGC 9.4 Highest SS on the Census (only 2 on the Census are these two) Copy A

GFTBW5NCGC94SS-009.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales: Beyond Wonderland #5 NYCC (2x Gregory, Ruffino) CGC 9.4 Highest SS on the Census (only 2 on the Census are these two) Copy B

GFTBW5NCGC94SS-010.jpg

Beyond Wonderland Cover Gallery #nn Cover A (4x Basaldua, Garza, Gregory, Ruffino) CGC 9.8 Highest and only SS on the Census

GFTBWCGCGC98SS.jpg

Beyond Wonderland Cover Gallery #nn Cover B (5x DeBalfo, Basaldua, Garza, Gregory, Ruffino) CGC 9.8 Highest and only SS on the Census

GFTBWCGLCGC98SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales: Escape From Wonderland #6 C2E2 Blue (3x DeBalfo, Ruffino, Gregory) CGC 9.8

GFTEW6BCGC96SS.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales: Escape From Wonderland #6 C2E2 Orange (3x DeBalfo, Ruffino, Gregory) CGC 9.8 Copy A

GFTEW6OCGC98SS-002.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales: Escape From Wonderland #6 C2E2 Orange (3x DeBalfo, Ruffino, Gregory) CGC 9.8 Copy B

GFTEW6OCGC98SS-003.jpg

Grimm Fairy Tales: Escape From Wonderland #6 C2E2 Orange (3x DeBalfo, Ruffino, Gregory) CGC 9.8 Copy C

GFTEW6OCGC98SS-004.jpg

Escape From Wonderland Cover Gallery #nn Fan Expo (4x DeBalfo, Basaldua, Ruffino, Garza) CGC 9.8 Copy A

GFTEWCCGC98SS-005.jpg

Escape From Wonderland Cover Gallery #nn Fan Expo (4x DeBalfo, Basaldua, Ruffino, Garza) CGC 9.8 Copy B

GFTEWCCGC98SS-006.jpg

Iron Man v2 #1 (2x J Lee, Lobdell) CGC 9.4

IMv2-1CGC94SS.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #287 (2x J Lee, Lobdell) CGC 9.6

XM267CGC96.jpg

These came back last week from 2013 Amazing Arizona ComiCon - thanks to Chandler/Sharon at Desert Wind Comics. With the exception of the first book, the other 17 came in at their expected grade. I was also surprised with the Modern turnaround time closer to 70 business days:

Grimm Fairy Tales #22 Heavy Metal (3x Basaldua, Gregory, Ruffino) CGC 9.0

GFT22HCGC90SS.jpg

Do these have stories inside, or are they exactly what they appear to be?

Finally got a few boxes back from CGC. Here are a few of the Copper/Moderns that I got back... :banana:

8727311526_8f46839443_b.jpg

Love me some Nam! I remember chasing this book when I was young. I couldn't find it anywhere. At the time, all I could find and buy was the 2nd print.

Fresh from CGC via Desert Wind (WonderCon 2013)

7b55aa44-f8a3-4072-b64f-9721258dca4d_zps55dd87d1.jpg

Signed by Stan Lee, Dan Slott, Mark Waid, Len Wein, J. M. DeMatteis, Humberto Ramos, Todd Nauck, Edgar Delgado & Victor Olazaba.

Took 2 days, long lines & countless hours to get these sigs. But I believe it was totally worth it!