• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 5 CGC SS BOOKS - THAT YOU OWN

206 posts in this topic

Okay, it was really hard, but I narrowed it down to five CGC SS and one......well......."other" not really CGC SS, but sort of. You'll see......

CGCSS30Days.jpg

30 Days of Night: Red Snow Convention Special signed by Steve Niles, Ben Templesmith, and David Slade (the director of the movie)

CGCSSSandman.jpg

Absolute Sandman Special Edition by Neil Gaiman

CGCSSUA.jpg

Umbrella Academy FCBD Edition by Gabriel Ba and Gerard Way

CGCSSFF126.jpg

Fantastic Four #126 Signed by Stan Lee. I was torn on this one, as Lee had technically nothing to do with it other than it has a cover swipe from FF #1 and recaps his origin stroy of the group. But it is Stan Lee, so I put it on the list!

CGCSSCap50.jpg

Captain America #50 by Joe Simon. I just didn't like him signing the "Death" issue, and while this one is also technically a death issue, the cover is much better and the story less final (if that's possible).

CGCAction1.jpg

And my last one is the "other." It was signed by Jerry Siegel long before CGC SS or even CGC existed, so it gets the dreaded GLoD. This came from Bob Feldman, an original founder and president of Dynamic Forces. It was signed in late 1992 or early 1993 and is one of the few formal signings Jerry Siegel did. I think this was my first CGC book ever and certainly my first signed CGC book, even if it's not Signature Series.

CGCSSFF126.jpg

Fantastic Four #126 Signed by Stan Lee. I was torn on this one, as Lee had technically nothing to do with it other than it has a cover swipe from FF #1 and recaps his origin stroy of the group. But it is Stan Lee, so I put it on the list!

Awesome! The real question is:is the COMIC worthy of a Stan Lee sig? :headbang:

CGCSSFF126.jpg

He created the Fantastic Four, so I think it's all good in that respect.

awesome books Medicar! I bought one of those Cap #50's signed by Joe Simon as well.

Thanks, there's a lot of great people here that helped me put them together.

I just like the Cap #50 so much more than the new series' #25. I like the cover more, it's more "heroic," and the white space lets the signature really stand out.

I had to buy a reader to be sure, but I'm gonna say "YES" it is worthy of the Lee sig! :D

Ooooohhhhhhh...."worthy" in that respect? I'm gonna stick to my original answer and say "YES" i sure is!

:grin:

Ooooohhhhhhh...."worthy" in that respect? I'm gonna stick to my original answer and say "YES" i sure is!

What I'm saying is that ALMOST every Marvel comic is worthy of a Stan Lee sig. because,in my head at least,he is everything Marvel!

What I'm saying is that ALMOST every Marvel comic is worthy of a Stan Lee sig. because,in my head at least,he is everything Marvel!

(thumbs u agreed!

I love these threads since it makes me go back and enjoy my books. I guess this would be my top 5 :cloud9:

(sorry for the crappy glare on the scans - my scanner sucks :( )

mk24ss.jpg

Bill's covers for Moon Knight from the late teens into the early 30's of that run are probably my favorite block of covers in any run. I had bought a bunch of high grade copies of that run and was thinking of getting a good portion of the run CGC SSed, but didn't want to spend the money to get them all done. I've already got a What If 47 signed by him which is probably my favorite cover from the 1980's