• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Books Can it go on forever. Hope so.?

74 posts in this topic

So what is a good price on a GS X-Men 1 CGC 9.4 with white pages and generraly acceptable production quality -centered,no miswrap, distributor paint spray...etc)?

This very nice GS #1 went for $1725 a couple months ago: http://apps.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=750&Lot_No=573&src=pr&sid=FB3846CBEDB74A68351D6FFE2CF19504

Based on that, and considering Hulk 181 is less key and the census numbers are about equal in high grade, I'd say it should go for about $1000 to $1200, which means I would look to buy one in the $900 - 1000 range.

Old guy how could you have stars next to your name and still be able to post on this forum with a response like that. Your a bigtime comic guy what is up with that. This is a forum for discussion not insulting someone you don't know (me) and personalizing this versus offering some insight on CGC prices.

So what is a good price on a GS X-Men 1 CGC 9.4 with white pages and generraly acceptable production quality -centered,no miswrap, distributor paint spray...etc)?

Given the sizable quantities of this book in the original Mile High II buy, which were immediately sold to a member of the Gambini crime family who happens to be due out on parole in another 7 months after serving 14 years, I would imagine that 9.4's will hold their value through the anniversary of the Mt St Helen's eruption, at which time the introduction of 490 additional 9.4+ copies to the marketplace will pancake values on this book through at least 2015...

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what would you say is a good price on a Hulk 181 CGC 9.4? popcorn.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$1200

raw or slabbed?

I'am a collector and regardless of CGC books peaking or not, I look at the whole thing as how the comicbook professional grading service has giving the hobby a more credible light in the world of collectible art. thumbsup2.gifcloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif