• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do I always get the "DR JEKYLL MR HYDE" BIDDERS? HAHAHA

10 posts in this topic

lmao, no more music in my auctions since it began to annoy the out of me when I would revise the items. After hearing it a few undred times, you are one click away from shooting yourself in the head hahahaha. tongue.gif

I get retards like this all the time bidding on my stuff. I now have a policy of allowing only bidders with 20 or more feedback with 0 negatives and its worked great! If some insufficiently_thoughtful_person wants to be funny and bid anyways, I just block them out. Havent had a single problem since I started doing this! D-

I don't want to hate on low feedback ebayers since we were all there at some point. Although, I cancel bids from bidders with excessive negative feedback. When the bidder has 0 FB and the sunglasses I cross my fingers tongue.gif

I don't want to hate on low feedback ebayers since we were all there at some point.

Yeah, That is a tough call. I've had ebay feedback since 9/97. Don't have a lot of feedback - 90 positives out of 117 (many dupes). 1 negative that has been retracted so to speak but is still a neg (I feel dirty) with "Buyer explained situation thoroughly and to our satisfaction upon his return." I would estimate about another 50% from folks that never reciprocated the feedback.

But even five years ago, ebay was a different animal. Nowadays it can be a most difficult path to traverse. Simply seeing all the "tips" here (and good tips) about shades, private auctions, no scans, ripped scans etc etc etc. Yeah, it is tough to figure where to draw the line. I used to have a policy that I would not bid on seller's items that refused bids from zero feedback buyers since, as you say, we were all there once. But the past year or so? Things have gotten mightily out of hand and I can actually understand this motivation.

Maybe establishing e-mail correspondence with the zero feedback users first can alleviate a bit of the pressure. But I definitely understand the sentiment.

It sure has been getting worse as of late, but "God" acts in mysterious ways. I've noticed that after I get a NPB on an item. I usually end up selling the same exact item for more than what I initially sold it for. smile.gif I guess the man upstairs is just rewarding the honest ebayer for all of the grief and extra ebay fees hahahahah. tongue.gif

The unfortunate part is that your type of books attract these type of bidders more than the higher end books. I guess a lot of them feel that if they renege on a cheaper book that it is not a big deal as opposed to a more expensive book. Luckily I have not had many problems like you have had with these type of bidders! smile.gif