• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What kind of Deduction would CGC give if ..........................

28 posts in this topic

Sorry to say this book was not going to garner a 9.6 if the two staples were intact IMHO. The damage to the BC alone would keep this book well out of the 9.6 area. Plus a WOW On the 8.0 grade. IMHO it is At Best a 5.0!!
As much as I hate to agree with TFL . . . I'd say the book is about a 7.0 without the popped staple, take another 2 full points off for that, and you're left with a 5.0 :grin: Still a nice book though :foryou:

Decent eye- appeal for a mid-grade. Just so I don't have to agree with Divad I'll go with 5.5.

Sorry to say this book was not going to garner a 9.6 if the two staples were intact IMHO. The damage to the BC alone would keep this book well out of the 9.6 area. Plus a WOW On the 8.0 grade. IMHO it is At Best a 5.0!!
As much as I hate to agree with TFL . . . I'd say the book is about a 7.0 without the popped staple, take another 2 full points off for that, and you're left with a 5.0 :grin: Still a nice book though :foryou:

Decent eye- appeal for a mid-grade. Just so I don't have to agree with Divad I'll go with 5.5.

Hey! You forgot the :baiting:

:sumo:

(:

Guys, is a popped cover allowed in fine range? I don't think so. A popped centerfold may be allowed in 6.0 or higher but I think a popped cover is only allowed in VG range and there fore the grade would be 5.0 VG/F which is the highest VG grade allowed.

That's my opinion.

R.

Guys, is a popped cover allowed in fine range? I don't think so. A popped centerfold may be allowed in 6.0 or higher but I think a popped cover is only allowed in VG range and there fore the grade would be 5.0 VG/F which is the highest VG grade allowed.

That's my opinion.

R.

Which, of course, was my opinion . . . :grin:

That's my opinion.

R.

Allowed? by whose criteria - Overstreet makes no mention of the flaws acceptance until 3.0. I don't know what CGC's policy is, but if a two staple book actually is a 9.6 other than having a single staple popped, I seriously doubt anyone would advertise it as only a 5.0. I sure as hell wouldn't.

That's my opinion.

R.

Allowed? by whose criteria - Overstreet makes no mention of the flaws acceptance until 3.0. I don't know what CGC's policy is, but if a two staple book actually is a 9.6 other than having a single staple popped, I seriously doubt anyone would advertise it as only a 5.0. I sure as hell wouldn't.

I know it would be a tough pill to swallow. I'd probably call it a qualified 9.6 with a popped staple (as CG likely would unless youasked otherwise)

R.

That's my opinion.

R.

CGC uses the Qualified grade in that instance, and I agree with them. Clearly, were not talking about the book on page 1 :insane: