• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry set 'comments'.....

45 posts in this topic

There's a reason we don't have thread ratings anymore.

You don't remember thread ratings, noob. Also, I would mock your sets incessantly if given the opportunity.

(tsk)

Actually Watson (to my surprise) has some kick-azz sets...albeit monotone in flavour, but kickin none the less.

There's a reason we don't have thread ratings anymore.

You don't remember thread ratings, noob. Also, I would mock your sets incessantly if given the opportunity.

(tsk)

Actually Watson (to my surprise) has some kick-azz sets...albeit monotone in flavour, but kickin none the less.

zzz

DC Bronze Age First Issues #2 ranked set. How does it feel to be under greggy? hm

Be sure and let me know. You've spent more time under greggy than anyone on this Board.

(See PM for unedited version of this post. :blush:)

I don't want anyone commenting on my sets. :sumo:

All that does is invite :blahblah: .

Yeah, I can see Greggy going around telling everybody what "krap" they have... :/

On the upside, I could tease my best friend about one of his books scoring all of 5 points...

I think I have a few books that scored only 5 points...but they were trooper books so I just took into account that CGC folks are wrong and will later fix this miscalculation.

I don't want anyone commenting on my sets. :sumo:

All that does is invite :blahblah: .

Yeah, I can see Greggy going around telling everybody what "krap" they have... :/

On the upside, I could tease my best friend about one of his books scoring all of 5 points...

I think I have a few books that scored only 5 points...but they were trooper books so I just took into account that CGC folks are wrong and will later fix this miscalculation.

Don't get me wrong - everybody's got a reason to slab a book regardless of how many points it rings up in the registry. Not going to judge. I actually slab my books more for preservation and accuracy along with displayed notes so I can feel comfortable those books are safe and securely stored. Getting high grades is a goal to reach for, but not the be all, end all for everything.

Don't get me wrong - everybody's got a reason to slab a book regardless of how many points it rings up in the registry. Not going to judge. I actually slab my books more for preservation and accuracy along with displayed notes so I can feel comfortable those books are safe and securely stored. Getting high grades is a goal to reach for, but not the be all, end all for everything.

Well said :applause:

It's not all about the points. It's about 'collections', and we all have examples where we think the points are out of whack. So they become more and more arbitory as time goes by.

Plus so many of us forget about the conservation aspect of CGC's. This is where they truly excel!

Why are books valued differently in different sets? Shouldnt the points a book is worth be a set number. Ex: 40 points regardless of set. Seems kind of strange?

I wondered that a few times. ASB&R #1 RRP is worth 330 points in the registry points but only 50 points in the ASB&R set. Same with the Batman #608 RRP but I can't remember the points for that one and I can't be arsed to go look it up.

Why are books valued differently in different sets? Shouldnt the points a book is worth be a set number. Ex: 40 points regardless of set. Seems kind of strange?

I don't think that makes sense either, but in terms of overall ranking, the higher number of points are used for each book regardless of which set it was placed within. Seems like they want you to play a game of "guess which set where your book will be most valuable!"