• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry set 'comments'.....

45 posts in this topic

Why are books valued differently in different sets? Shouldnt the points a book is worth be a set number. Ex: 40 points regardless of set. Seems kind of strange?

I don't think that makes sense either, but in terms of overall ranking, the higher number of points are used for each book regardless of which set it was placed within. Seems like they want you to play a game of "guess which set where your book will be most valuable!"

:shy: Occam's razor says that it's a mistake because Gemma does all this by hand & she does, occasionally, make mistakes.

Why are books valued differently in different sets? Shouldnt the points a book is worth be a set number. Ex: 40 points regardless of set. Seems kind of strange?

I don't think that makes sense either, but in terms of overall ranking, the higher number of points are used for each book regardless of which set it was placed within. Seems like they want you to play a game of "guess which set where your book will be most valuable!"

:shy: Occam's razor says that it's a mistake because Gemma does all this by hand & she does, occasionally, make mistakes.

The there are 350 corrections to be made in one set I know of... :whistle:

The there are 350 corrections to be made in one set I know of... :whistle:

Good thing there's a thread for this exact purpose, then :)

Well, sure. She is human after all. :baiting: But there is that disclaimer on the front of the Rankings page about the higher number of points being used.

Well, sure. She is human after all. :baiting: But there is that disclaimer on the front of the Rankings page about the higher number of points being used.

So if I start this set I am planning on the higher grades will be used from the other sets the books are in now ? Or do I have to contact Gemma and beg her to correct my scores.. But no one elses. :devil: