• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

While browsing DarthDiesels' ebay store

42 posts in this topic

Here's the background on that nutbag:

Back in 2001 I bid on ebay item 564922855 "Lot of Five Playstation Games: Diablo........ from djpostma (dpostma@pipeline.ccri.cc.ri.us). I sent money and for a while I didn't get anything or a reply. It was for a sealed Diablo PSX and 4 other PSX games...I won them for a steal...I thought the guy was just reneging because the Diablo sealed alone was going for $150 at the time..problem too was that there were many Asian PSX pirated copies in resealed packages frown.gif ....but I had a feeling this was legit - I think he included scans and it looked looked like store overstock. He told me that he was sick/deathly ill or someone in his family was, so he couldn't go ahead with the deal and he sent my money back. Then I left him a neutral because nothing happened and he went full blown psycho...He negged me then he would email me on holidays or out of the blue for months wishing me and my family the worst and wondering if I was still a jerk and being a pain in the Arse to sellers on ebay..

Anyway...a sad episode put behind me. This neg happened with me as a buyer and I did everything I could to get that deal sealed but once he forgot to take his meds, it was like 893frustrated.gif

I didn't know you had such good taste, Carl! Tell me more about these asian pirated copies. I don't buy too many PSX games although I did just buy an FF Tactics original so any info you have I'd appreciate! smile.gif

diablo.jpg

bronty - that is a nice sealed Diablo you got there...I have 5 copies of Diablo of the PSX, 2 sealed, 2 loose/opened/used and 1 CD-R copy that I burned myself, which I use when I play (same for FF tactics and Dragonball GT).

Those were the three PSX originals fetching high prices : Dragonball is like a terrible Street Fighter...totally sucked and I realize why they didn't want to a fulll release of that in the US. Diablo just plain rocks and FF tactics I never got the hang of frown.gif I'll keep trying.

AS for the Asian pirated copies...when I went to the Phillipines back in summer 1999, I went to a mall there and for the price of one new PSX game here in the US ($50) - you could get 50 working PSX games on pirated CD-Rs...as long as you had a chip soldered onto your US PSX or got that Gameshark analog with the spring so you could "switch" in the pirated discs and play that way...it made absolut sense...why spend 50x more on one game when you could have 50 games that work just as well...also you had the latest PSX games coming out of Japan...a full 2-3 months before they hit the US market. If you could read Japanese, you had it made. You could have been playing the latest Final Fantasy way before anyone here in the US... Those pirated discs were sold all over Asia, centered in Hong Kong and Singapore. But there I don't think they are considered pirated as that is the version that plays on their Playstation (analog)? It just boggled the mind. I don't have any pirated copies myself as for me it was a collecting thing as well as a PSX thing, but it sure was tempting to load up...

Congrats on the 2 sealed copies! thumbsup2.gif

What else have you got? I'd kill for a Castlevania SOTN non-greatest-hits if you've got one... didn't know you were a fellow collector - you've been holding out on me! wink.gif

I gotcha re: the pirated copies. These are just cdr copies, not resealed or anything, right?

Cheers,

Dan

Hey Darth,

How does the eBay stores thing work? Pros/cons? Are you happy with it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dan

I've been happy with the store as I use it to list things with cheap (nickel) fees and it has a penny gallery option. I pull my store listing and use them as auctions. If I sell it by auction and I DON't have another copy, I just revise the store listing to another item. I find it works well with a seller that combines their shipping...better deals for the buyers...

Last two things I sold : El Cazador 1 for $3 and Daredevil 52 for $2 - cost me 10 cents to list both, but if I went the auction route it would have cost $0.70 to list..sometimes you get lucky...other times...eh.

For me it's worth having for $9.95 per month as a location where I can just place stuff to sit...

Congrats on the 2 sealed copies! thumbsup2.gif

What else have you got? I'd kill for a Castlevania non-greatest-hits if you've got one... didn't know you were a fellow collector - you've been holding out on me! wink.gif

I gotcha re: the pirated copies. These are just cdr copies, not resealed or anything, right?

Cheers,

Dan

I started on Ebay with PSX and Star Wars Phantom menace figures...funny you should ask about Castlevania - I'm looking at a sealed Symphony of the night GH frown.gif , a sealed VIP (with pamela Anderson photo cover tongue.gif

- I'm not holding out - I have FF tactics, Ogre battle, Diablo, Danger Girl , sealed Lunar 1 and 2...tons of stuff I don't play wink.gif someday I'll show Logan how to and that'll be the end of my collection smile.gif

People were RESEALING CD-R copies in their packages...but the Asian copies I think are not CD-r's, they are just a different format from the US version, so they can't be played on a US playstation...maybe pirated is not the best term for them, but if they are going for so cheap, how else can those copies be described?

it costs a nickel to list and the con is that it will not show up in a general search on eBay..IE...I list an FF 12 CGC 9.8 in my store. Your daily search for FF CGC 9.8 will not locate this. You have to click directly into my store or view seller's other auctions to see it in my stuff to sell...

People were RESEALING CD-R copies in their packages...but the Asian copies I think are not CD-r's, they are just a different format from the US version, so they can't be played on a US playstation...maybe pirated is not the best term for them, but if they are going for so cheap, how else can those copies be described?

....hmm, interesting. Tell me more about the resealing if you don't mind. How were they getting around the white label at the top, the holograms, etc?

I'm pretty comfortable with checking for reseals on NES SNES but I don't know as much re PSX... frown.gif

Ogre Battle is a nice one thumbsup2.gif

foreheadslap.gif The PS2 stuff I knew you could do this with since you can get the disc out without even breaking the white label at the top. Didn't know you could do that with PSX.

frown.gif Remind me not to sink any more money into PSX. Although the only other one I've paid reasonable money for is FF7 and I know that's real, the plastic is friggin brittle already! insane.gif