• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 Overstreet Price Guide Comes Out Today!

162 posts in this topic

The dealers who see this as an annual price raising event are excited.

They can jack up the prices on all the books that didn't sell at last year's prices.

:screwy:

This is the third or fourth time I've seen you post this in the last 13 months. I don't know anyone who marks up the books every year. Too much work and as you say, if it hasn't sold, then why mark it up? Maybe in the 80s when there was steady appreciation year after year people did that, but who does it now?

I don't want to derail the thread by naming names.

But try calling to order books from a few different dealer web sites. There are at least a few that will tell you the price on the site is no longer valid as it has not yet been updated, the price is now [insert sound of them flipping through new guide]. It's happened to me more than once in the last 3 years. :gossip:

Go ahead and name names. I would be interested to know who it is that has time to do that. At the very least, if you don't like it, maybe you should shop with someone else.....

I think Dale just looks at GPA and multiplies times 2 to price his books.

Hey don't give away my formula....

Seriously though, GPA means little to me. On frequently traded book, it is very helpful. However, on a typical SA or BA comic, there might be 3 reported sales since 2003. How does that help me and what do I care what a book sold for in 2004? There are alot of books I would love to go and buy based on a sale which is 3 - 4 years old. You can look on comiclink and find 3 sales in the last 6 months on many books.