• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: My HTF Golden Age thread - all aboard

31 posts in this topic

Next up: Best Comics #3 Yep, 1 of the 4 'sideways' books that you never see and can never find... rated a Gerber 8, more like a 9 or 10 for that matter as this is the only copy i've ever seen. It's also the book with the racial stereotype cover. This copy is lower grade. It is complete and intact. As you can see in the pics, there are pieces missing. The paper quality is on the lower side, but still feels supple as you move inwards from the edges. A very rare opportunity to buy a Very Rare book. $195 shipped.

Per PM, :takeit:

Nice books, but you might consider possibly putting the scans underneath each other, instead of side by side...I have a 22 inch wide screen and I can't view them, so I keep closing the thread.

I had already made these scans up before I realized I need to put them top to bottom, which I am doing now. I have a 24" widescreen and it didn't even dawn on me that it was an issue. doh!

I think I only have a couple more that are side-by-side, so please bear with me. :)

Figured I would start a new thread so I can just add books to it as I decide to sell things instead of tagging onto the Jumbo 11 thread - probably should have thought that one out a little better. doh!

I wanted to mention, I don't grade comics, that's what cgc is for. Please use the scans and description to judge for yourself what the grade is. Please feel free to ask any and all questions before committing to buy as all sales are final.

Priority shipping w/confirmation to the US is included in all prices. If an offer is made, shipping can be figured out then. I happily sell to any where in the world, but shipping will have to be discussed.

Payment on purchases $150 and under can be made via paypal, anything above is by check. Paypal's fees are out of control and I don't want to feed that any more than absolutely neccessary.

1st :takeit: gets it! OR if a PM comes in to buy it, I will mark as SOLD and that means it's SOLD! Thanks!

Ok, since the Jumbo lasted all of 12 hrs, lets try the next book: Mystery Men #8

Classic Blue Beetle cover by the one and only Lou Fine. The only time he ever drew the character... but you already knew that.

The book presents very nicely. It's flat, clean, no big creases or tears in the covers, beautiful registration, cover and centerfold tightly attached at staples. Main defects are the front cover was split cleanly at the spine (like many low grade foxs) and was very neatly reattached with tape. It's important to note, the back cover was still tightly attached at both staples just the front was not. At least it was important to me. :insane: The tape is very unobtrusive and only about 1/4" wide down the spine. There is also a very tiny piece of tape at each staple on the centerfold, which both are almost invisible. Since the centerfold was loose for some time in it's history, it is of lesser paper quality than the rest of the book, with the edges being chipped. The rest of the book's paper is tan yet supple. The bottom right corner of the book on the first 1/2 of the pages has chips off of them that lessen as they reach the centerfold. Last there appears to be a little bit of blue ink on the 'C' of 'COMICS' on the cover as seen in the scan.

$345

:news: Per PM the MM #8 is - SOLD!

Next up: Air Ace 2/2 Good luck finding another one of these! :/ In all the years I was after esoteric, classic cover books, this was one of the rarest and is why I kept it. The book while being lower grade is still very nice, with great eye appeal - having Killer Colors! Cover and centerfold are tightly attached. Paper quality is OW and supple, getting a little tan along the bottom edge with some very small chips off the outer wraps. There are several very tiny pieces of almost impossible to see tape on the inside cover on the spine area. $195 shipped

:news: Per pm = SOLD!

More books listed shortly!

Here we have the Giant Book of Boy Comics hardcover. A Gerber 7, and a very unusual book indeed. It's a hardback bound volume of various issues of Boy Comics. This copy has a strip of tape on the spine. The glued binding is pulling apart and I didn't want to re-glue it, so it's as is. The PQ is creme/OW and very supple. Decent copy of a hard to find book. $145 shipped

54987-boybook.jpg.fd36c57dbdc095f2f638e1a16d71eaa7.jpg

This is the Rockford copy of Capt Aero #14. A tough book to find and features the 1st ever art of Russ Heath. There is a small pc missing out of the staple area which has been repaired with tape. There is also a very tiny tape repair at top and bottom of spine. PQ is OW. $145 shipped

54988-captaero14.jpg.e440ac007db9005d30733b45067d9e87.jpg

Here's another tough one: Captain Fearless #1. A great Chas. Quinlan cover and features the 1st appearance of Miss Victory. This copy is really nice with great colors, registration, flat and tight. There is a very tiny piece of tape at each staple on the spine and at the centerfold. The centerfold appears to have been loose at some time and the edges are tattered a little at the extreme edges. PQ is creme/tan and supple. $185 shipped

54989-captfear1.jpg.1dfab6d3aebdee202bdb93ca64aaab3d.jpg

Last one for tonight: Action Comics #80 This book is a very nice looking lower grade copy. It has had some moisture on the book at one time which has casued some discoloration, mainly in the upper portion of the book. Still, the book is tight, flat, perfect registration, nice colors, and a great FC. There are some very very tiny pieces of tape on the inside spine - at each staple and at the upper spine holding a split together where the piece is out. OW-White PQ. $135 shipped

54995-action80.jpg.88c65cd7c7791839cd94939553d80048.jpg