• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #75

25 posts in this topic

Nice book corners are sharper, though it has spots where the red cover ink is smudged and theres that white spot at the bottom.

The book in this thread is blown up bigger and in many ways looks better than that book. Still the dent will stop it from going over 9.4.

theres that white spot at the bottom.

This is a perfect example of why you can't grade from a scan without an accompanying description of defects...that white spot could be on the book, or it could be a bit of styrofoam caught in the CGC case. You sometimes don't know whether something is a defect, and very frequently there are defects you can't see.

theres that white spot at the bottom.

This is a perfect example of why you can't grade from a scan without an accompanying description of defects...that white spot could be on the book, or it could be a bit of styrofoam caught in the CGC case. You sometimes don't know whether something is a defect, and very frequently there are defects you can't see.

Good point though in this case if you look carefully you can see red that extends below the bottom of the book and below the white dot.

If it were styrofoam I imagine they'd send it back to get reslabbed, a piece of trapped styrofoam would damage the book after several years.

Though no specifics is a major bummer and I would think helps contribute to fraud, counterfeiting, etc.

As odd as it may sound, I had a book almost identical to this. Same "ding" in the upper left corner, same transfer stains. It was a Silver Surfer #9 though. Long story short, it received a 9.2 from CGC so I'd guess yours is a 9.2/9.4

Brian