• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF 1 and ASM 1

23 posts in this topic

Here are my copies of FF 1 and Amazing Spider-man 1... what would you say their grades are?

Amazing Spider-man 1 (front):

File0113.jpg

back:

File0114.jpg

Fantastic Four 1 (front):

File0111.jpg

back:

File0112.jpg

These are actually the Golden Records reprint books, not original printings, but they are much nicer copies than I can afford of the real thing...

I REALLY hope we didn't burst Samurai's bubble, if he thought these were the originals!!!

Heh, nope, check out the golden colored spoiler text at the bottom of the 1st post...

And the back covers are a bit of a giveaway too.

Just wanted to have some fun with the thread title and see if anyone was fooled...

VF+ for both GRRs :applause:

Correctomundo on the GRR's, but possibly higher grades. :grin:

You are correct, my friend of over a year now :baiting: VF/NM for both

My little monitor screen was pretty dirty and after I cleaned it noticed a little less dirt on the books :doh:

BTW Mr. Rabnud, I will finally be in SD around next Tues. I will PM you my number once I have it changed from the TX to CA area...

I REALLY hope we didn't burst Samurai's bubble, if he thought these were the originals!!!

Heh, nope, check out the golden colored spoiler text at the bottom of the 1st post...

And the back covers are a bit of a giveaway too.

Just wanted to have some fun with the thread title and see if anyone was fooled...

Uhhhh...FRONT covers are obvious giveaways as there's no prices....

Here are my copies of FF 1 and Amazing Spider-man 1... what would you say their grades are?

Amazing Spider-man 1 (front):

File0113.jpg

back:

File0114.jpg

Fantastic Four 1 (front):

File0111.jpg

back:

File0112.jpg

These are actually the Golden Records reprint books, not original printings, but they are much nicer copies than I can afford of the real thing...

9.2 and 8.5.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I also learned on the boards the other day one more difference between the FF1 original and the GRR. There are only 4 people on the sidewalk in the GRR vs. 5 in the original. Now, my question: why change something like that?!?!

I also learned on the boards the other day one more difference between the FF1 original and the GRR. There are only 4 people on the sidewalk in the GRR vs. 5 in the original. Now, my question: why change something like that?!?!

Hmm, looking it up, you're right... they removed 1 person. They also redrew the figure closest to the edge in a completely different pose. Here's a picture of a #1 for comparison:

1-1.jpg

To aid in identifying the original from the GRR...

Yeah, I was thinking that, but the price missing is so obvious, and the missing person is so much more subtle, it just doesn't seem necessary. (shrug)

VF+ for both GRRs :applause:

Correctomundo on the GRR's, but possibly higher grades. :grin:

You are correct, my friend of over a year now :baiting: VF/NM for both

My little monitor screen was pretty dirty and after I cleaned it noticed a little less dirt on the books :doh:

BTW Mr. Rabnud, I will finally be in SD around next Tues. I will PM you my number once I have it changed from the TX to CA area...

Kewl! That'll give me a reason to stop in SD on the way to Mexico! :grin:

I wonder if Stan ever chimed in on this? hm

According to the LCS owner I worked at as a pre-teen when I asked him about it, it was the Marvel EIC's decision (not sure if it was Stan as this was over 30 years ago when he told me this)

According to the LCS owner I worked at as a pre-teen when I asked him about it, it was the Marvel EIC's decision (not sure if it was Stan as this was over 30 years ago when he told me this)

Interesting, in that there appear to be no differences with the ASM 1 cover... (shrug)

Both came out in 1966...does anyone know/recall did they come out at the exact same time? hm