• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

changing focus

50 posts in this topic

I think this depends on the price level of the focus.

I changed focus several months back into collecting golden age books and I sold most of my silver age books to be able to buy the golden age.

Had they of been books under say $50 I probably wouldn't have bothered selling them.

Exact same thing for me. I was only buying SA slabs of 7.5 or better. I got to around 50+ and found out there was really no focus and I wasn't enjoying them. So I dumped it all and started buying GA. Best thing I ever did and have been having a great time learning about the wonderful world of Timelys. Oh yeah, and Fawcetts and Fiction House and Nedor, etc...

I sell to finance whatever the new focus is. I did it when I sold my BA/SA books to focus on pre-code, and now I'm doing the same while focusing on GA superhero/pre-hero.

Flavor of the Month :whistle: I'd stick with pre-code (thumbs u

I sell to finance whatever the new focus is. I did it when I sold my BA/SA books to focus on pre-code, and now I'm doing the same while focusing on GA superhero/pre-hero.

Flavor of the Month :whistle: I'd stick with pre-code (thumbs u

lol Yeah, there's no competition for those books on here, is there doh!

Same boat here - once my collection was big enough, I made it a self-financing hobby whereas I won't really buy anything new unless I sell something else to pay for it. I've switched from buying SA, to BA, now to GA. I do end up keeping most of my favorite books (or those that are not easily replacable), but I find it's a more enjoyable hobby if I try out different ages/genres, and it's affordable if I basically "trade" for new pieces for the collection. (thumbs u

I try to do this as much as possiblle and lately its been working out.

I'm mainly a Silver Age Marvel guy, but I'm thinking of branching out into a nice inexpensive GA Timely that might come along. OA is also a new thing for me too.

Its only hard at the start. Believe it or not, it gets easier and easier to do as you move forward ;)

nik, do you have a large personal collection aside from what you sell?

I have around 300 or so books I do not plan on selling anytime soon, and thats really it. All the rest can be easily replaced, even in grade.

I still remember bumming out when I sold my 181 9.4 only to fin d 3 copies raw a little later and those also graded pretty high.

My favorite ones are my Pedigree books and just some common stuff that I enjoy.

I'm thinking of branching out into a nice inexpensive GA Timely that might come along.

Good shift for sure, but these days "nice" and "inexpensive" don't get along too well with "GA Timely"! lol

I have all the comic focus of a ferret after 3 cups of coffee.

If I see something I like, and that I want, and that I can afford, I buy it.

:mad: That's crazy talk!!! :sumo: