• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who sells an Action #1 on ebay without getting it slabbed ?

45 posts in this topic

I personally think the cover has been married to the comic. This would explain why the cover is not crumpled and the inner pages are.

I agree, what explanation is there for damage to those pages, and water damage not happening to the cover.

Gee.... the cover wasn't there when that happened.

Got to agree.

Disregarding which book this actually is we're referring to here.

Just on the pictures provided, it seems pretty evident the cover and interiors haven't lived the same life.

:popcorn:

I am assured the damage to that first wrap is not because they haven't spent all their days together, but that they have, and it was water or possibly glue (removed) that damaged the paper and not the cover.

Regardless of how you feel about inconsistencies in CGC's grading, it seems obvious that slabbing a book like this would give potential buyers more confidence in bidding because they'd be aware of the resto status of the book. Whether it's unrestored or restored, your bidding pool increases, and the amount they're willing to bid increases with the amount of factual information they have about the book. There's no way this books sells for as much raw as it would slabbed with a blue label.

You mean't purple label didn't you? (shrug)

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Green, if it's just a married cover.