• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conspiracy Theory

46 posts in this topic

You're wrong.

About what exactly? I didn't make any claims. I simply raised some questions. I don't remember one of them being whether Bob was still a part of Gemstone (if only by name), as I had learned already from one of your previous posts on the topic. If you read my comments, I was alluding to the fact that Bob was still a part of the guide with my comments about Geppi treating Bob in an honourable and classy way.

Gemstone employee working for Geppi on the guide.

Yeah, I know I'd sell all my stock if I knew a company was going to perform at stratsospheric levels tongue.gif

Think you're being a little oversensitive...I only said "you're wrong" because the last sentence in the post I responded to said "and if I'm wrong."

If Geppi rubbed Bob the wrong way, he wouldn't still be working for him. If it was a hostile takeover, he wouldn't still be working for him. If Bob was overly distraught over the hobby heading in the wrong direction, he wouldn't still be working on the guides. If Geppi didn't deal with Bob in an honourable and classy way, I doubt Bob would still be working for him.

IMHO Bob was treated in an honorable way by Geppi. All the big wig collector/dealers from across USA & Canada were invited to the 1st grand opening of Diamond Int'l Galleries. Geppi sponsored a Fri. dinner & Sat. breakfast. After the breakfast, they carted out a few skids of Ostreet's massive personal collection of gold & silver to be sold to the lucky attendees. Runs of Timely, early Pep/Archie, Detect, etc. thumbsup2.gif

Think you're being a little oversensitive...I only said "you're wrong" because the last sentence in the post I responded to said "and if I'm wrong."

Its interesting how words appear when written, but if I sounded curt or abrasive in my response, I really wasn't aiming for that approach -- at least not the point of expressing any sensitivity towards your response. Thanks for the clarification.

If Geppi rubbed Bob the wrong way, he wouldn't still be working for him. If it was a hostile takeover, he wouldn't still be working for him. If Bob was overly distraught over the hobby heading in the wrong direction, he wouldn't still be working on the guides. If Geppi didn't deal with Bob in an honourable and classy way, I doubt Bob would still be working for him.

Perhaps, and I guess we can agree to disagree on certain things. All I know is that if I had a shot at publishing the guide, and to have a direct influence on the future of the comics marketplace, I wouldn't be squeamish about backing my ambition and drive with some stock. Given that opportunity, and only under very special circumstances, my point -- from the outset -- is that it still seems unusual that Bob sold his collection shortly after Geppi's takeover.

IMHO Bob was treated in an honorable way by Geppi. All the big wig collector/dealers from across USA & Canada were invited to the 1st grand opening of Diamond Int'l Galleries. Geppi sponsored a Fri. dinner & Sat. breakfast. After the breakfast, they carted out a few skids of Ostreet's massive personal collection of gold & silver to be sold to the lucky attendees. Runs of Timely, early Pep/Archie, Detect, etc.

Hey odin

Did you happen to attend?

No, I could not attend the 1st opening gala of Diamond Int'l Galleries as I actually had a full time job at the time & had to stay in town to do something called "work". 2 Canuck hi-rollers I know went & gave me the skinny afterwords. This was before Cgc & there were many mag boxes full of raw GA runs. acclaim.gif