• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Invasion Sketch Covers Megathread

1,531 posts in this topic

This should seal Oleson's greatness, it was an idea we were working on together, taking the big players from Bendis's Secret War and incorporating them with the Silvestri Messiah Complex one shot cover, Remember he's always available for commision, pm for details

72314.jpg.19f26630e174c85a17d03d84b19918c2.jpg

I tried to edit my post, 2 posts up but for some reason i couldn't, so that sketch was the front cover and amazingly he did a back cover too, which features the thunderbolts with Norman Osborn in his goblin suit without his mark, very appropriate for dark reign. What do you guys think?

72575.jpg.11742128ac96a04bedda5ddd9690c92a.jpg

72577.jpg.8d40f4652fdcf1ee42aa1aa365079384.jpg

72578.jpg.8142ff2f42574cb4f05ff503805a0560.jpg

72579.jpg.3df03d81a828fe2c5407754f035b4321.jpg

my philosophy is, if it has a blank on the back then its meant to be sketched on because too many comics have advertising on their back, also saves you some money on books lol

I have a few books with front and back sketches, so I agree with you 100%.

my philosophy is, if it has a blank on the back then its meant to be sketched on because too many comics have advertising on their back, also saves you some money on books lol

what if your philosophy is only keep a sketch cover if it is worthy of hanging on your wall?

what if your philosophy is only keep a sketch cover if it is worthy of hanging on your wall?

If that's what your plan is then front only is the only way to go.

Why is it that none of the secret invasion CGC labels say second printing on them? I thought CGC noted this kind of stuff on the labels but yet they havn't with these books when majority of them are second printings for the blank cover variant due to the fact the first printings where recalled because they where defective.

Anyone?

Also like to add its not hard to distinguish the first printing from the second printing due to the first printing having a black back cover and the 2nd printing having a white back cover.

i dont think the white backs were a second printing. the black backs were errors because they matte on the front didnt take well to sketches.

Why is it that none of the secret invasion CGC labels say second printing on them? I thought CGC noted this kind of stuff on the labels but yet they havn't with these books when majority of them are second printings for the blank cover variant due to the fact the first printings where recalled because they where defective.

Anyone?

Also like to add its not hard to distinguish the first printing from the second printing due to the first printing having a black back cover and the 2nd printing having a white back cover.

Yes the defect had to do with the cover not taking ink and such well and thus people complained. Marvels response was for lcs to return what they had (or destroy them) and they would be replaced with a new version in which they even made the change of the back cover so people could easily tell the difference between them both. There is an apparent difference between them both. So if not a second printing then what?

These are from WWTX 2008 and the Dallas Comic Con this weekend. I've also got a Trimpe SI sketch and a Dark Avengers Daredevil by Michael Lark out for grading. I've got pictures that I'll post when I upload them. Check these out in the mean time.

Chris Summers

IronFistbyChrisSummers.jpg

James "Riot" Godfrey and ???

CapbyJamesRiotGodfreyandSpideyby.jpg

Luis Estrada

SkrullZombieCapbyLuisEstrada.jpg

Mike Hankins

SpideybyMikeHankins.jpg

James "Riot" Godfrey

scan0059.jpg

Jim Daly

SkrullbyJimDaly.jpg