• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Books Have Increased The Most After Relative Obscurity...

69 posts in this topic

Strange Adventures 180 and GL 59 deserve mention as previously-nothing books that have had their 15 minutes of fame forever frozen in place by Overstreet.

On a side note, are there any books that were once attainable only at a hefty price, but are now not worth a hill of beans?

As for the other half of the question, here are a few formerly "hot" comics that come to mind that are now fairly worthless except maybe as a CGC 9.8:

Camelot 3000 #1-12

Legion #285-300 (Giffen issues)

New Teen Titans #1-10 ( was really hot at one time)

Green Lantern #141-143 (Omega Men)

Batman #426-429 (death of the annoying Robin II)

Alpha Flight #1

all those Xmen mini series in the early 1980s

this list could go on for a long time

If I recall about five years ago, JIM were dead in the water. It was Supapimp who put the word out here on these very boards about some great Kirby art. After a while they became supa hot. hm
:roflmao:

If I recall about five years ago, JIM were dead in the water. It was Supapimp who put the word out here on these very boards about some great Kirby art. After a while they became supa hot. hm

Hater. :mad:

Called dumb coincidence :roflmao:

:gossip: He's got supa powers.

:gossip: He's got supa powers.

It's called jealousy. :gossip:

Aside to greggy: :baiting:

On a side note, are there any books that were once attainable only at a hefty price, but are now not worth a hill of beans?

As for the other half of the question, here are a few formerly "hot" comics that come to mind that are now fairly worthless except maybe as a CGC 9.8:

Camelot 3000 #1-12

Legion #285-300 (Giffen issues)

New Teen Titans #1-10 ( was really hot at one time)

Green Lantern #141-143 (Omega Men)

Batman #426-429 (death of the annoying Robin II)

Alpha Flight #1

all those Xmen mini series in the early 1980s

this list could go on for a long time

I'd add the first 19 or so issues of G.I. Joe, to start with.

I thought it was the revelation of scarcity in HG that made them hot and not the Kirby art.

All the bronze and silver books pale in comparison to the rise in value of Supense 3.

I don't know that it matters, but I think the top Suspense 3 sale could buy high CGC copies of all the rest of these books.

Which isn't to say the other sleepers aren't interesting to me. They definitely are (thumbs u

I thought it was the revelation of scarcity in HG that made them hot and not the Kirby art.

I thought most SA Marvels were supa hot right now.

For once I'll agree with greggy. Hardcore collectors were NOT laying down thousands of $$$ just because of supa.

All the bronze and silver books pale in comparison to the rise in value of Supense 3.

I don't know that it matters, but I think the top Suspense 3 sale could buy high CGC copies of all the rest of these books.

Weenie waggers :baiting:

Transplanted Huskie :hi:

:hi: From one loser to another :hi:

:hi: From one loser to another :hi:
At least I knew I didn't have a chance in the bracket after the Regionals. You still had a chance. ^^

As much as I don't understand it, I'd have to add Batman #227 to the discussion. And I do think the Board hype on this issue has helped it break out of the Bats Adams pack...

Jim