• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EARTHQUAKE!

63 posts in this topic

People in California probably fear the concept of Tornadoes more than Earthquakes.

People in the MidWest probably don't like the concept of Earthquakes (or Hurricanes).

Seems to be a Grass is Greener effect (shrug)

True.

I live on the Texas Gulf Coast. Our Tornadoes are very small and rare. Earthquakes... Just not going to happen. Hurricanes on the other hand are very real, but at least I know days ahead of time when one is coming.

So I choose Hurricanes.

zzz I'm from California. You get used to it after the 30th or 40th one you feel. It's why I don't collect glass or porcelin. Most everything in my house is earthquake proofed...as much as possible. I've been in some pretty big ones where thing flew off shelves and houses walked off their post and pier foundations. I've been knocked down by earthquakes. So just roll with it and if you're with a pretty girl when it happens, just hold her close and whisper that this might be the big one and see what that leads to.

lol We West Siders don't start threads after every quake or we'd be at greggy status by now.