• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should JC Get a Comic Valuation and Investment Forum?

Do We Need a Comic Valuation/Investment Forum Group?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Do We Need a Comic Valuation/Investment Forum Group?

41 posts in this topic

This has been brought up before with no action, but I really think we need a separate area to talk over comic valuation, investment, RRP madness, movie hyped prices, etc. and keep these out of the main forums.

Are you with me?

Too bad - I wouldn't mind seeing a Comic Valuation and Investment Forum, but you had to go a personalize the whole thing (it will be your forum?) and validate BB's whole argument about not being able to let things go and dropping little jabs left and right.

Sad really...

Too bad - I wouldn't mind seeing a Comic Valuation and Investment Forum, but you had to go a personalize the whole thing (it will be your forum?) and validate BB's whole argument about not being able to let things go and dropping little jabs left and right.

Sad really...

See what I mean?

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

This has been brought up before with no action, but I really think we need a separate area to talk over comic valuation, investment, RRP madness, movie hyped prices, etc. and keep these out of the main forums.Are you with me?

Do We Need a Comic Valuation/Investment Forum Group?Hell Yes!!No Way, JC and Del's Market Comments are ALWAYS Welcome!I'd Rather See a Hulk 181 Group for Bruce

#2 really IS a problem. "JC and Dell" are not the only people here with considerable insight into hyped prices, valuation, investment, etc. Actually, *I* have a fair amount of knowledge in these areas not only from my comic collecting but from my movie poster collecting and my rare book collecting (also considerably related to comics). I think the best poll would simply be:Do we want a separate area on the boards to specifically discuss market conditions and factors that impact value?1) Yes2) NoSince you have created this as a poll I will not add another within it. But I do feel my suggestion has merit. I would certainly vote yes under those conditions.

I would love to see a seperate forum, because it will attract lots of newbie investment posts. This way, when I'm having a bad day, I'm 2 clicks away from joining the bloodshed which will inevitably insue everytime a newbie, who is currently building his empire on the backs of USM slabs, enters the fray. devil.gif And if I'm not in the mood for gloom and doom, I can just stay out of the section all together.

Can I use this?

Sure, but let me correct my grammar first.... grin.gif

Should be:

Amidst the debris and rubble, you'll be lucky to find your shoes and shirt, and all concern for your comics will be nothing more than a distant memory.

I should not have sold my shoes off to add to my "CGC-Graded Retailer Incentive Comic Book Fund" frown.gif

Me and BoC are in the buying mood, as these RRP books are can't-miss investments. Can't miss, I say!!

I should not have sold my shoes off to add to my "CGC-Graded Retailer Incentive Comic Book Fund"

Me and BoC are in the buying mood, as these RRP books are can't-miss investments. Can't miss, I say!!

Exactly. Blisters and corns are a price I would gladly pay for just one more incentive. I am also selling my socks off so I can get that Spider-Man platinum retailer incentive in a CGC 9.8

Exactly. Blisters and corns are a price I would gladly pay for just one more incentive. I am also selling my socks off so I can get that Spider-Man platinum retailer incentive in a CGC 9.8

Well me and BoC just signed up for some new Discover cards, so you'll have to fight us for them...

I think there should also be a forum just for JC to post in, just to complain and [!@#%^&^] about things. The only negative side (that is depending on how you consider JC) he would then not be able to make any posts in the other forums frown.gif

I liked the CI.Com Vince, but the JC Vince is a little moody for my liking. :\

Brian