• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts On the Golden Record Reprints

24 posts in this topic

Hey, as a teacher of 3rd graders, I've always wanted to get those vinyl records transferred to CD copy for my listening center. Does anybody have that capability (and willingness) to copy vinyl to CD? I'll pay for CDs and postage. Goes to a good cause since I can have my students listen and read along with reprints that I have of each of those (except I'm not sure where to get a cheap reprint of Avengers 4). Hoaky voices or not, it's high interest and is another incentive to get my students interested in reading. PM me if anybody's willing and able to do this.

Mick

Marvel is currently reprinting the Avengers stories in Avengers Classic ( I think that's the title? ). They're an exact reprint with a new cover.

Thanks Mike! I'll search it out.

Mick

Hey, as a teacher of 3rd graders, I've always wanted to get those vinyl records transferred to CD copy for my listening center. Does anybody have that capability (and willingness) to copy vinyl to CD? I'll pay for CDs and postage. Goes to a good cause since I can have my students listen and read along with reprints that I have of each of those (except I'm not sure where to get a cheap reprint of Avengers 4). Hoaky voices or not, it's high interest and is another incentive to get my students interested in reading. PM me if anybody's willing and able to do this.

Mick

Marvel is currently reprinting the Avengers stories in Avengers Classic ( I think that's the title? ). They're an exact reprint with a new cover.

Thanks Mike! I'll search it out.

Mick

I teach fifth grade in the inner city. I could use a picture book version of Scarface with cassette. :cry:

The first LCS I used to go to would have Avengers 4 playing every now and then. I never could get over hearing Stan Lee saying Sub-Mariner as Sub-Mareener (like submarine+er).

The first LCS I used to go to would have Avengers 4 playing every now and then. I never could get over hearing Stan Lee saying Sub-Mariner as Sub-Mareener (like submarine+er).

So Stan Lee pronounced it as Sub-Mareener! That's what I do. I haven't been able to switch