• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Todd M Spider-man page in Heritage

21 posts in this topic

Any idea how high it will go? I am interested but I am guessing it will go above what I can pay. I think it is a pretty nice example of his work on the series.

Spider-Man page

If it will be reflective of the private sales in the market I have seen in the last year it should hit $10k and not slow down blowing past it.

Not something I collect...but if I did this is a pretty nice example.

C

Any idea how high it will go? I am interested but I am guessing it will go above what I can pay. I think it is a pretty nice example of his work on the series.

Spider-Man page

If it will be reflective of the private sales in the market I have seen in the last year it should hit $10k and not slow down blowing past it.

C

Are You talking a reflection of Todd's Spiderman art in general or ASM title art?

I thought Panel pages with spidey in costume went in the 5-6 K range

Spider-Man page

C

Are You talking a reflection of Todd's Spiderman art in general or ASM title art?

The more run of the mill or generic panel pages do, although there have been some very strong panel pages with Spidey in costume that have sold in the last year for $7500-9500.... and this is a half splash with a spidey image covering half the page.

Covers have moved in the last 9 months at numbers that would make a rational person's eyes melt...and the full splashes are not far behind (and 5-6 times the panel page estimate).

A nice half splash like this....the market is pretty strong for.

I am not paying but there are alot of folks who will gladly do so.

C

Spider-Man page

C

The more run of the mill or generic panel pages do, although there have been some very strong panel pages with Spidey in costume that have sold in the last year for $7500-9500.... and this is a half splash with a spidey image covering half the page.

Covers have moved in the last 9 months at numbers that would make a rational person's eyes melt...and the full splashes are not far behind (and 5-6 times the panel page estimate).

I am not paying but there are alot of folks who will gladly do so.C

Well I can see a Todd cover moving quickly but not panel pages.

But hey if it happens I say bonus. When time comes my page might help make a huge downpayment on a house!

I think many Heritage buyers will drive the page cause it came fromt he run that made Todd a name!

Spider-Man page

C

I am not paying but there are alot of folks who will gladly do so.C

Well I can see a Todd cover moving quickly but not panel pages.

Bt hey if it happens I say bonus. When time comes my page might help make a huge downpayment on a house!

I think many Heritage buyrs will drive the page cause it came fromt he run that made Todda name!

I Would have said the same thing about the interiors but everytime I thought "no way it will sell for that much" it moved for that much or more.

The market for his Spidey pages has been so strong over the last few years it defies logic.

C

I think the recent increase in Todd's ASM art is for obvious reasons. Nostalgia being the biggest one.

My brother grew up on McFarlane's ASM and other collector I know has spent huge money on several ASM pieces. These are collectors getting established in their careers, having a little (or alot) of play money.

Spider-man will always be the most collected and desirable character. Add in the limited McFarlane art out there with a dash of that flamboyant style of his, and presto......Instant price hikes !

There will be a few artists that will probably always be sought after, even if comic sales fall and titles get canceled. McFarlane ASM, Miller DD, Adams Batman, Ditko/Romita ASM, and Bolland Killing Joke....just a few, but I don't see the same insatiable need for Jim Lee, Alex Ross, Adam Hughes, Michael Turner....I think these types of artists' work will be less valuable over time.

As a side note, I didn't grow up reading comics. I didn't pick up my first comic until I was almost 30. I watched the tv shows (Batman and Hulk) as a kid in the 1970s, but didn't have any interest in comic books......

Now, I know I am the exeception , but maybe there will be more people who have watched the recent onslaught of comic related films and animated shows, and get into the hobby later....Thus keeping it alive.

but I don't see the same insatiable need for Jim Lee, Alex Ross, I think these types of artists' work will be less valuable over time.

Are you kidding me?

No, I don't think they will worthless. I am saying that with the more prolific artists, the ones still turning out work by the boatload, the prices they command won't sustain.

I am sure others (Gene, Felix, Chris) can offer their two cents.....This is my opinion.

No, I don't think they will worthless. I am saying that with the more prolific artists, the ones still turning out work by the boatload, the prices they command won't sustain.

I am sure others (Gene, Felix, Chris) can offer their two cents.....This is my opinion.

I like every guy mentioned in this thread but I personally feel Ross' work in general blows most out of the water in terms of art. And Jim's stuff is just freakin sweet, the day his stuff becomes affordable is the day I start a Jim Lee OA collection. I am refering to Jim's X-Men stuff :)

but I don't see the same insatiable need for Jim Lee, Alex Ross, I think these types of artists' work will be less valuable over time.

Are you kidding me?

I would second this. And I would add the Turner name back to the list.

Spider-Man page

I would be suprised if it didnt hit 10k. I think the market is about 10-15k although Mcfarlane hasnt done well on Heritage in the past.

Spider-Man page

I would be suprised if it didnt hit 10k. I think the market is about 10-15k although Mcfarlane hasnt done well on Heritage in the past.

10K maybey for the ASM title

7 or so for other spiderman work

Spider-Man page

10K maybey for the ASM title

7 or so for other spiderman work

:gossip: Well, everything up to issue #7 (and some other pages afterwards) on the "Spider-Man" title were done as large art (silver age sized art) which helps value tremendously. Once you have held one of his pages from the Spider-man title in your hands you will see what I mean....it helps to balance the value a great deal between ASM and Spider-man.

On covers though there is a bigger split.

C