• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever compared the staple placement with the black and white warning variants? There might be a difference with that too.
Explain as I am all ears hm and I don't have two to compare

Did anyone answer the variant ratio question for #75?

Not that I recall, Jeff.

Apparently it is 1 per store and then 1:50 for additional copies. I have yet to confirm.

Man I may have to rely on one of you guys to pass on one of these, I doubt stores in the UK will gett many, but you never know (shrug)

Gary

I can help just let me know (thumbs u

Every WD fan on the board must get a 1 per store Variant :sumo:

Did anyone answer the variant ratio question for #75?

Not that I recall, Jeff.

Apparently it is 1 per store and then 1:50 for additional copies. I have yet to confirm.

Man I may have to rely on one of you guys to pass on one of these, I doubt stores in the UK will gett many, but you never know (shrug)

Gary

I can help just let me know (thumbs u

Every WD fan on the board must get a 1 per store Variant :sumo:

(worship)

Has anyone ever compared the staple placement with the black and white warning variants? There might be a difference with that too.

Hmmm. hm

I've checked several and it seems that there is a staple difference. The Black Label bottom staple is lower than the White Label. The top staples match. Interesting. Never saw that. Is that like the L&K issue you mentioned?

Hmmm. hm

I've checked several and it seems that there is a staple difference. The Black Label bottom staple is lower than the White Label. The top staples match. Interesting. Never saw that. Is that like the L&K issue you mentioned?

That just blew my mind :ohnoez: ...Still staring at the Sketch Card I got in the mail today.. :cloud9:

thanks again Julio (worship)

Explain as I am all ears hm and I don't have two to compare
Me either, but I have been seeing it with a lot of books like this that have minor differences with different staple placement.

The Locke & Key #4 First Print and the #4's that came a couple weeks after(also considered to be First Prints).

DSC080172.jpg

The blue & the grey Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #3 issues(also separated by a couple weeks in release).

COS3991.jpg

anyone have a serb #2 variant for sale? what is the going price for one? how about the 10k?

Yeah that's about right. (thumbs u

anyone have a serb #2 variant for sale? what is the going price for one? how about the 10k?

Yeah that's about right. (thumbs u

The only WD serb i need and the one modern book I probly will never be able to own :insane:

anyone have a serb #2 variant for sale? what is the going price for one? how about the 10?

i'm curious to know how many people outside of serbia have one. i do. i know evilash does. anyone else on these boards? it's funny, 'cause #2 color cover is the only book i don't have at least one copy of.

So, Kirkman says the white warning label on #1 is more rare...even though he also says they started with it in black, but changed it because it didnt show up as well...

I see a lot more white labels than black....

Which do YOU think is more rare?

We need a FAQ section for this thread, because this keeps coming up.

A while back someone asked this question in the Walking Dead #1 Club thread. I posted the following that summarizes the debate pretty well.

ComicFanGermany,

The truth is this. YOU have to decide for yourself what you want to believe.

Here is a quick summary of the debate:

EvilAsh posted here that he spoke to Kirkman and Kirkman told him he thought the White was more rare. EvilAsh is very well respected here so his statement carries alot of weight and we all believe he is telling the truth that the conversation took place.

However, many people like myself believe Kirkman got it wrong or just made it up. Why you ask?

1.) Because Kirkman is known to play jokes and has a sense of humor that fits this.

2.) When this conversation started way back people here on the boards didn't even know there was a black label. I posted in the WTB thread that I wanted to buy one and no one knew what I was talking about until EvilAsh posted a picture of his. It was news in the WTB thread AND the Official one.

4.) There are ALWAYS more white copies for sale on eBay. Try checking randomly over the next couple months.

5.) Once it was discussed here on the boards, the black ones started popping up more frequently on eBay with the "rare black label" in the description. Still less than the white ones however. Before it was discussed here, they were extremely hard to find on eBay. I had to wait over a month before a single copy showed up.

Still, some people don't think eBay is a good source to judge because of so many sellers (I mean flippers) trading the same books back and forth repeatedly. For example, I believe Branget has argued this point that he's seen the books he's sold repeatedly resold over and over again because he has the CGC # saved.

Also, there are tons of people who only have 1 version and just pitch their tent in that camp. "Hey, I've got the white one and that's what Kirkman said so done!" Or, "Hey, I've got the Black one and the Black ones are harder to find on eBay so Kirkman is F'n with us." For the record, I've got both.

In the end you can believe Kirkman mispoke to EvilAsh because of the eBay sales.

OR

You can believe that the white is more rare. To justify the disparity on eBay you have to believe the sellers (ahem.. Ruthless Flippers lol) happen to have the majority of the rare white ones and are just being sold over and over and over and over again soo often that there are always more of them on eBay. Thus, misleading us to believe they are more common.

I think that summarizes it pretty well. Again, it's up to you to decide what you want to believe. (thumbs u

Edited by maloney414

So is the 2 rarer then the 10?

Only 50 printed of the #2, 100 of the #10 variant

So is the 2 rarer then the 10?

For the serbs, the 1's and 2's of the regulars are harder to find. They all have the same print run of 500.

The same is true about the B&W. Same print run of 50??

But I would guess the #2 B&W is harder to get for the same reason the regular 1's and 2's are harder.

The books were bought in Serbia and then interest died down as the series progressed. Eventually being cancelled by #13. So, more of the earlier issues are in the hands of Serbian buyers. While the later issues are with dealers and thus easier for us to get.

Another interesting note is that there is no eBay access for Serbians. So those early books bought by individuals are tough to get.