• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I am just waiting for Kirkman to do a Marvel Apes variant or a Deadpool variant for the WD :makepoint:

But on a more serious note I would <3 to see a Tony Moore cover for issue #100 :wishluck:

Issue 85 is a mess...my LCS had about 20 copies of the Regular and 15 copies of the "variant" they are all banged up. :sorry:

I prob pulled 9.6s if lucky...black cover is tough :makepoint:

Issue 85 is a mess...my LCS had about 20 copies of the Regular and 15 copies of the "variant" they are all banged up. :sorry:

glad I had this on order with bum lol

I disagree.

It started with Moore, and I'm sure Adlard wouldn't mind him doing work on it.

bringing moore back for a variant would seem like an insult to the regular artist

hm i guess i wouldn't mind as long as they had an adlard variant out as well I suppose it would be fitting to have tony do one for a #100 hm

Edited by synch

Just read this month's issue.

It's looking like Carl made it. I can't tell if they are suggesting he is a zombie with the "ng.." but I don't think he is. Maybe we will just drag it out for about 10 more issues huh?

i am trapped at work, did anyone pick up the new issue? how slim are the odds that my email made it onto Letter Hacks?

Yes it did Glenn!!!!

HOLY SHEETTT!!!! I can't wait to get out of work and pick this up!!!

i am trapped at work, did anyone pick up the new issue? how slim are the odds that my email made it onto Letter Hacks?

Yes it did Glenn!!!!

Here's a little teaser for you Glenn, yours is the bottom right ;)

a4cbbbd9.jpg

Yes it did Glenn!!!!

Here's a little teaser for you Glenn, yours is the bottom right ;)

a4cbbbd9.jpg

Thanks Steve!!! Cant wait to pick this up!

I apologize to everyone for the cheesey letter! lol

Edited by PeasOfCrap

My thoughts on Issue #85 hm

Well, I guess this was the girl power issue. Not that that's a horrible thing because I agree with the female prospective with what happens(as long as we don't have Lifetime zombies next although Merdith Baxter-Birney and Tracy Gold are getting pretty old lol ). Abraham is a dink. I actually like Rosita, but I guess Kirkman is starting to twist his character in a different direction. Rick is a jerk, for what he did to Jessie. I'm still in shock what happened to her in issue #83. Wish, I didn't read the preview now too, it kinda ruined things for me for her final moments tied to the story. It was almost like she was coming back to haunt Rick, before Abraham did away with her. All I can say is "Crash and burn, Mav. Crash and burn" to Spencer with Andrea. I guess Glenn made out the best in this "Men are Pigs issue" as the most "sensitive" guy in the floppy. Interesting experiment Mr. Kirkman. Now on to the next mayhem involving zombies. :popcorn:

Wait Carl... :ohnoez:

meh. :eyeroll: I don't care.

Getting like General Hospital, My 2c

No one is safe from the "Waiting to Exhale Arc" :fear:

Think the next trade will be #79-#84

This is the start of another trade.

That's even better! Less time to wait for the trade. Any ideas on how long until after the story arc ends until the trade is released?

So did we ever figure out what the ratio is for the variant cover?

20:15 in your example makes it sound like a 1:1 ratio.

BUT my LCS easily had about 20 of the regular cover and didn't get a single variant. I asked and they didn't get any.

Anybody know?

My LCS was so sure I would buy the variant that they marked it $9.99 each. I laughed and told them, isn't this like an every 3 issue variant? I told them I can buy them for cover on ebay.

I then proceeded to buy a few copies of the black cover that will be dead on 9.8s lol