• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

If this guy was from Jersey I'd be freaking. Is this another boardie??

http://bit.ly/ND2USO

:hi:

The fact that you are offering free shipping just restores my faith in humanity, thank you kind sir.

To the assclowns who charge $999 for a book then charge $4.99 shipping can suck it.

rantrant

fixed that. lol

How about that issue 101 guys? eh eh!!

If this guy was from Jersey I'd be freaking. Is this another boardie??

http://bit.ly/ND2USO

:hi:

Amazing collection. Just wish I had the cash to buy it.

Finished reading 101. Kinda meh, but looks to be a good setup for 102.

Still confused if the "Paul" that was mentioned in an earlier issue is actually Jesus. If it is, the group is in for some mess since Rick brought him back to the community with him from the hilltop.

Just read 101 and...

Jesus seemed awfully eager to "jump to the front lines".

Man, I loved that last panel. I knew Dwight would get wrapped back into the story. Didn't see it coming either - although I did call Alexandrea getting attacked!

Also, My comic store had the ghost variants for subscribers - and they were cover price! They also had some out on the floor for $15 a piece.

Just visited 4 shops. 1 didn't order any 2nd prints of #100. 3 did and i looked through about 200 or so copies. Out of those I pulled 4 total that i feel are solid 9.8+ candidates. Tons of copies with dings on the spine and the corners are pretty terrible throughout. 150 or so of these hadn't even been on the shelf. Anyone seen anything similar?

agree. I also called 4 other shops that are kind of close and they didn't order any. The only reason i went to the one that didn't order any is because they are so close to my house. It makes sense that most smaller shops that still have 1st prints wouldn't bother with the 2nd's.

its the black cover of death! (pun intended)

but yea, i could see this being underordered by those small stores that overordered the 1st prints

Someone with more experience please lend their expertise --

Is the OA linked to below drawn over a picture, like those covers from 93~

It really ruins the art for me - I was going to buy this double-page but I can't get over the picture underneath it -- its almost like CA is doing a color-by-number book..

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=24311&ArtistId=84&Details=0&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

Yeah, looks like he transfers a photo of the background onto the board to help with perspective and the inanimate objects in the landscape, then draws the rest of the scene and inks over it all.

A lot of artists use photo reference so that doesn't bother me at all, but the blue does look sloppy, especially with half an SUV hanging out the left side.

So have a lot of the 101 pages sold then or did some not get listed?

100 sold at SDCC and the first 14 of 101 were done by then... the rest will ship with 102.

Edit: and it's going to feel like a long wait now for the next two issues... I honestly expected Rick's spirit to fade away already after the last page of 98 and the whole of 100. The cover of 103 has me biting my nails, will he finally be broken or worse? Surely there's only so many times that Andrea can cover his from the bad guys :)

Edited by Garf

Ironically all my local comic book stores here in San Diego had 0 WD #101 Ghost variants, but all had this: (shrug)

imagejpeg_27.jpg

I paid basically retail for this one, but two other store owners sold theirs for $75.00 and $300.00. :censored:

Yes more often than not comic book store owners do not do their homework.

Are we sure that this book is only limited to 500 copies because it seems every store is getting one? The one store owner was shocked to even get one in the first place.

Ironically all my local comic book stores here in San Diego had 0 WD #101 Ghost variants, but all had this: (shrug)

*Removed picture to free some space*

I paid basically retail for this one, but two other store owners sold theirs for $75.00 and $300.00. :censored:

Yes more often than not comic book store owners do not do their homework.

Are we sure that this book is only limited to 500 copies because it seems every store is getting one? The one store owner was shocked to even get one in the first place.

Its funny you mention this, cause one of my LCS's got this as well and he's a rather small store, and he too was completely surprised to get one. He completely did not expect it.