• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Story time!

TLDR; Ebayer won my auction, decide to meetup in person, turns out to be an old friend/body piercer of mine and we now are friends again and talk all the time about comics.

I was selling a book on ebay, I notice the winners address is about 20 miles away from me, so I decide to ask if he wants to meetup in person and I'd knock off $5 from the total sale price since it saves me shipping/ebay fees. We both couldn't believe the chances that in the entire world of all the bids it had, that he was so close to me. He at first asks me to come by his "shop", and I'm like, "no thanks, no offense, but I want people to be around when you kill me". I mean, it's true. I'll only meet a stranger in broad daylight at a library or very busy parking lot/strip mall/etc. I was still very hesitant cause I just dont like meeting up/dealing with strangers in general. Call it minor social anxiety disorder.

We end up meeting at a Starbucks (perfect, people outside, blah blah). As I'm pulling in the parking lot I see the guy waving at me (I had told him what my car looks like through text message), and as I get closer and closer, our eyes are locking, and we're both starting to squint...wait...no...HOLY !

Turns out it's my body piercer/best friends ex-boyfriend of 9 years.

Anyway I hadn't seen/talked to him in years, so we had no idea we both shared a love for TWD. Since that meeting we talk all the time about comics in general and I gained a new friend (again).

So, sometimes meeting someone in person can turn out to be a completely unexpected great experience!

Edited by roastedbagel

Completely different if he had won the auction. Also keep in mind me meeting someone usually involves 3 kids. If he had been more specific in what he was looking for then I would have considered it. Considering the amount of work on my end and any potential risk I need more than "I just want to see it".

Completely different if he had won the auction. Also keep in mind me meeting someone usually involves 3 kids. If he had been more specific in what he was looking for then I would have considered it. Considering the amount of work on my end and any potential risk I need more than "I just want to see it".

Agreed 100%. Only saying "I want to see it", "why?", "because I want to see it, that's why", is out of the question for me.

I would have definitely provided a reason why I want to see it in person rather than just being subliminal and creepy to the seller.

Haven't seen anyone mention the new book coming out "The Road to Woodbury."

From Amazon:

"The zombie plague unleashes its horrors on the suburbs of Atlanta without warning, pitting the living against the dead. Caught in the mass exodus, Lilly Caul struggles to survive in a series of ragtag encampments and improvised shelters. But the Walkers are multiplying. Dogged by their feral hunger for flesh and crippled by fear, Lilly relies on the protection of good Samaritans by seeking refuge in a walled-in town once known as Woodbury, Georgia.

At first, Woodbury seems like a perfect sanctuary. Squatters barter services for food, people have roofs over their heads, and the barricade expands, growing stronger every day. Best of all, a mysterious self-proclaimed leader named Philip Blake keeps the citizens in line. But Lilly begins to suspect that all is not as it seems. . . . Blake, who has recently begun to call himself The Governor, has disturbing ideas about law and order.

Ultimately, Lilly and a band of rebels open up a Pandora’s box of mayhem and destruction when they challenge The Governor’s reign . . . and the road to Woodbury becomes the highway to hell in this riveting follow-up to the New York Times bestselling The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor."