• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Anyone have a quick reference as to how many different #1 foreign issues were released (and what they are)?

Def have noticed a lot of foreign copies showing up on Ebay, as RARE or hard to find. I'm thinking of getting a German#1 but thats just me spending some extra cash.

Anyone have a quick reference as to how many different #1 foreign issues were released (and what they are)?

Def have noticed a lot of foreign copies showing up on Ebay, as RARE or hard to find. I'm thinking of getting a German#1 but thats just me spending some extra cash.

I don't know if the foreign editions are rare, but they are hard to find in the US. I'd imagine that the print runs for those foreign editions from the Peru and Argentina would be small compared to here. Their market is just starting to grow so who knows.

Does anyone have an idea on which foreign variants are worth more?

From my experience the Serbian are the hardest to find and even harder to find in decent shape especially the #1 and #2.

500 print run for the Serbian books 1-12. #2 b/w has only 50 copies (of which i own 4 now), #10 b/w has 100 copies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221122191591?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I pounced on this. I think i'm starting to go "walking Dead crazy" again. This seemed like an awesome price with the quick math i did in my head. It has pretty much everything including foreign stuff etc. Hopefully there are some 9.8's in there. What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221122191591?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I pounced on this. I think i'm starting to go "walking Dead crazy" again. This seemed like an awesome price with the quick math i did in my head. It has pretty much everything including foreign stuff etc. Hopefully there are some 9.8's in there. What do you guys think?

If the raw books grade out to what the seller says they are then you did really good. Now if say the top 5 books in that lot are not NM/M as stated then you might lose a little on the lot.

Haha. Well that response has me curious :)

You have to hit 9.8 on 1,19 and 27 in order to make it worth anything close to the BIN. Failing that you need the vast majority to be 9.8 and you might make $1k. Maybe.

Alot of work for little return.

nah. You're way off. I've sold 1000's of walking dead issues. Some are for me, but some will be for sale. You can get right at $3000 for just the regular issues 1-100 raw minus the variants without taking into account all the variants/foreign editions. That's selling them all in one lot. Break it up and you get closer to $4000. Also add in cgc bumps, and there is no way to lose money. Thanks for your opinion though.

Haha. Well that response has me curious :)

You have to hit 9.8 on 1,19 and 27 in order to make it worth anything close to the BIN. Failing that you need the vast majority to be 9.8 and you might make $1k. Maybe.

Alot of work for little return.

Not WD related, but have to post one of the pieces from Baltimore Comic-Con - didn't get it at the con, but rather from a fellow collector who was in attendance, we pre-arranged the meet.

It took a lot to not post about it before in possession - no image on site, bc it deserves its own click-through - enjoy:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=933668&GSub=130679

I never said that. I just said that you are way off on your assessment. I'm gathering from your indignant response that you have sold a good amount of walking dead. That's fantastic. I have as well.

You are still off the mark in this particular instance, and you can see that easily by going to completed listings and adding. My initial posting was a little more meant to be a "Hey, check out what i bought." I do appreciate your response but after i did some more research on it i disagree with you. Thanks for letting me know that you know about selling walking dead though. At the "I've sold more Walking Dead than you have Awards Banquet" I will clap very loud for you sir. :whee:

lol

You're right. I have no idea about selling WD.

lol

Comparing completed listings for Walking Dead runs during its peak doesn't allow much of an assessment of sale value. Although I wish you the best of luck if the keys and early issues do not hit 9.8 then you overpaid. You could have pieced it together for less.