• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I don't think we are anywhere near the peak on these books. I'm in the camp that a $2500 on 9.8 #1's is not out of the question at all. #19,27 and some others have plenty of room to grow as well. I still think we will have 4-5 months of just seeing cray cray prices on some of these books. It will stabilize again somewhat, but you might have to wait a few years to see books back at pre season 2 numbers.

Damn Go-Daddy - CAF is down, along with my website :(

Wasn't Go Daddy's fault. They got hit with a denial of service attack by Anonymous. Several of my work sites were non functional as well.

The sites were not down, you could still get to them, if you used the IP address instead of the named url.

Hogwash man - Go-Daddy is a multi-million dollar company which should be able to withstand some DDoS attacks by some cyber-punks.

Also - many, many news-sites are reporting that Anon was not behind this, but rather Go-Daddy had some sort of an outage and sort-of blamed Anon.

Either way, things seem to be back and running - I'm jumping off Go-Daddy immediately..This is inexcusable.

Especially that their response to this for HOURS was "uh...we are working on it, we know its a problem"

That's a response I expect to get from my mechanic, not my web-hoster.

Hogwash man - Go-Daddy is a multi-million dollar company which should be able to withstand some DDoS attacks by some cyber-punks.

Also - many, many news-sites are reporting that Anon was not behind this, but rather Go-Daddy had some sort of an outage and sort-of blamed Anon.

Either way, things seem to be back and running - I'm jumping off Go-Daddy immediately..This is inexcusable.

Especially that their response to this for HOURS was "uh...we are working on it, we know its a problem"

That's a response I expect to get from my mechanic, not my web-hoster.

NOW were getting to my expertise :)

This was NOT a DDoS. GoDaddy can say that all they want, its bull doo doo. That's almost equivalent to Google going down due to a DDoS, would never happen. GoDaddy has too much hardware out there with numerous data centers all running off nodes with fail-over technology that would never go down due to a DDoS unless millions of people were taking part in it.

GoDaddy has a LOT of explaining to do with this, and will go down in the company's history as a very black day for them. Hours of unavailability is simply unacceptable. They're mess failed somewhere, and it failed HARD. The sad thing is someone is most certainly out of a job tonight.

Hey Bagel - try the European Union ebay boards.

Got a sweet #1 - #7 all 9.8 candidates as is,for $1700 inc shipping and insurance.

Guy even threw in a #61 for free.

Prices seem to be cheaper over there for some reason, think they may be a year or two behind in the 'must-have-it' stakes.

I'm sure a UK based boardie will be along soon to tell us why.

are there any 10.0 WD 1s? I wonder how much it would be worth

I'm was told there was one and it went for $17,000. Have you checked the census?