• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

was thinking about this.....

imagine if this were the cover to issue one instead of the iconic cover that we all know and love ...

Walking-Dead-Vol-1_02.jpg

i wonder how that would effect pricing

It probably wouldn't "affect" :baiting: pricing at all.

I think the splash from 1 is great, as is the cover to issue 1, and the cover to the first trade. But then again I really like Moore's style. I think very little of his work is drawn half-assed.

CGC does on-site grading at show where a variant of a hot modern book is released and it results in a lot of slabbed copies? hm

Does on-site grading include insta-slab? It seems like those Philly WDs were slabbed before the body was cold and I don't think I've seen such turnaround so quickly before in my limited paying attention.

CGC does on-site grading at show where a variant of a hot modern book is released and it results in a lot of slabbed copies? hm

Does on-site grading include insta-slab? It seems like those Philly WDs were slabbed before the body was cold and I don't think I've seen such turnaround so quickly before in my limited paying attention.

So are these going for cheap? hm

Yup, first people to sub books say early in the morning were able to I believe get them back later that night or the following morning to flood eBay with them.

At this point the best bet is to just wait a few months, let the market get flooded and then buy these graded if you really want one of each.

I will be at the Columbus, OH and the Nashville, TN Wizard World shows trying to snag a bunch of raw copies on the cheap to get signed and subbed. Would love to work out some sort of trade for the other copies to get them also signed/subbed in exchange for some of these. :)

was thinking about this.....

imagine if this were the cover to issue one instead of the iconic cover that we all know and love ...

Walking-Dead-Vol-1_02.jpg

i wonder how that would effect pricing

that cover is great :)

So I tried to read through some of the 2254 pages before I posted this.. but I wanted to get peoples honest opinions, obviously the AMC TV series is really pushing the value of the comic.. do you think the comic will retain it's value long term after the tv show goes away?

1. Dunny's rule BOBBLE HEADS SUCK!!!!!

2. McFarlanes Line is awesome and I can't wait to get the Gov, his daughter, & Riot gear Glenn

3. Only key issues will remain valuable like Rosen said. #100 was blown way outta proportion. Most of those issues are garbage.

4. I love the WD!!!!!

edit: I collect figures/figurines i.e. SW, Dunny's, McFarlanes WD, etc.....

Edited by retrothecollector

I am going to check out the sports line right now bro...... brb

edit: Yea those figures look good too. Not really a sports figures kinda guy.... But did any watch the Bruins game last night? What a f***ing game!!!! Go BRUINS!!!!

Edited by retrothecollector