• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Really wish "Hero Initiative" would contact me back about that Ty Templeton book. Left a voicemail earlier. Has anybody ever contacted them? hm

It took about 4 eBay messages before they finally got back to me. If you haven't gotten a response or package by now I'm sure it's at the CGC already.

Greeting everyone. I wanted to get some feedback from everyone. I am the person selling the Walking Dead CGC 9.8 lot on Ebay. I joined this site in hopes of finding some help in completing the collection. I can see there has been some conversation regarding my listing and wanted to see what people think. First I will say it costs more than 15K to build the set unless you have good connections. I started this collection because I was tired of getting ungraded comics on Ebay that were not the grade they were promised. It has been very costly and I have been put in a position I have to sell this. I don't want to give it away. I did have it priced high on Ebay for a reason. I know people like to lowball offer so I figured the price would make sure only serious bidders would offer. It is nice to know that the fees will much lower. I thought Ebay would take 10% of what I sell it for. I am a top seller but never really pay attention to the fees. They are always high no matter what. I just lowered the price on Ebay to account for the fees. Anyway I just wanted to see what people think or if there is another avenue that I could sell this collection.

Really wish "Hero Initiative" would contact me back about that Ty Templeton book. Left a voicemail earlier. Has anybody ever contacted them? hm

It took about 4 eBay messages before they finally got back to me. If you haven't gotten a response or package by now I'm sure it's at the CGC already.

Wow that's pretty $hitty considering the money you spent. Whether or not it goes to charity, if your going to drop 12k on a book someone better answer the phone. lol

Greeting everyone. I wanted to get some feedback from everyone. I am the person selling the Walking Dead CGC 9.8 lot on Ebay. I joined this site in hopes of finding some help in completing the collection. I can see there has been some conversation regarding my listing and wanted to see what people think. First I will say it costs more than 15K to build the set unless you have good connections. I started this collection because I was tired of getting ungraded comics on Ebay that were not the grade they were promised. It has been very costly and I have been put in a position I have to sell this. I don't want to give it away. I did have it priced high on Ebay for a reason. I know people like to lowball offer so I figured the price would make sure only serious bidders would offer. It is nice to know that the fees will much lower. I thought Ebay would take 10% of what I sell it for. I am a top seller but never really pay attention to the fees. They are always high no matter what. I just lowered the price on Ebay to account for the fees. Anyway I just wanted to see what people think or if there is another avenue that I could sell this collection.

WTTB!!! (thumbs u

I can't help you, but I wish you luck. Great collection!

If it was me and I could wait..........I would sell when the show starts back up.

But I have never sold anything on e-bay so what do I know. (shrug)

This is definitely good advice, and it's just a few months away. If you could wait that would probably be your best bet as more people will be surfing the forums/ebay looking to make this kind of purchase.

You're right. I just noticed they do it for free so they probably go ahead and send it to CGC. (thumbs u

WW Chicago cover. Nice but still waiting for socks to be knocked off ala a few of the HI covers. Why couldn't they have used the Phillips or Jusko covers. Even the offbeat Lemire one is more creative than these ho-hum WW covers.

I liked Philly but the others are, uhm, kinda boring.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wizard-World-Chicago-The-Walking-Dead-1-Ethan-Van-Sciver-Variant-Cover-Kirkman-/321175916610?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ac7939042#ht_482wt_1107